Epilogue

continuation...

"Time of death, 11:59 PM"

What the fuck is this? All I can hear is my hard thumping heartbeat and all the chaos around me. Anong nangyayari? What death? Can someone tell me what the hell is this?

"Dennise!!"

Who's that? Fuck my head hurts.

"Besh, gising! Please!"

I feel hot and sticky. How the fuck am I sweating? Who are those people? I don't know them?

...

"Den. Den, wake up." I heard someone's voice trying to wake me up. "Doc, she's moving! Oh, my God!"

"I think she's having a nightmare," another person spoke. I think it's a guy because of his deep-masculine voice. "Dennise. Dennise, can you open your eyes? Please open your eyes."

I'm having a hard time opening my eyes and I don't know why. Few more tries and I succeeded. I opened my eyes but soon closed it again because of the lights that made my eyes hurt. I'm catching my breath which I am confused about. I didn't run, though.

"B-Besh," I spoke, "where are the others?" I asked. I only see my bestfriend, Ella and the doctor that I think is in mid-30. "Ba't ako nandito? What the hell happened?"

"Doc? May amnesia ba siya, Doc? Doc, ayusin niyo kaibigan ko!" Ella reacted. She even pretended na naiiyak. Why are they acting like this? And all these apparatus on me, what is this?

The doctor smiled, "Don't worry, Ms. De Jesus. We do get that a lot," he said calmly. "Comatose patients can't remember anything the moment they wake up. Even the day of the accident, they can't remember that as well," he explained calmly as if nothing bad happened to me. "Uh. We're just gonna examine her since she had a dream or I must say a nightmare which I find it weird. Kasi mostly, comatose patients can't have dreams. This is the first time I experienced something like that," the doctor said somewhat confused and amused while he wrote something. "Well, if you excuse me, Ladies. I will leave you two. I'll be back later." He said. "And oh, Ms. Lazaro, can you tell me your dream some other time? Or if you want, kay Ms. De Jesus na lang." I nodded. I have no strength to talk more.

"Thank you, Doc." Ella said and smiled.

"Be strong, Ms. Lazaro. See you later, Ladies." The doctor said and left us.

"Besh! Akala ko di ka na gigising!" Ella hugged me excitedly.

"Besh, aray!" My body hurts and I don't have any idea why. "Can you explain what's happening?"

She sat beside me and looked at me worriedly. I looked at her confusedly. "Are you serious, Besh? Wala kang naalala?"

"Wala nga. I don't even know why my body hurts so much and why I'm lying here with all these apparatuses na nakakabit sakin." I touched my head and I felt a cloth wrapped around it. Maybe it's the bandage.

Ella cleared her throat, fixed her hair and then looked at me again and then spoke, "You've been in a car accident almost 3 months ago. Kasi naman you were too stubborn. We told you not to drive 'cause you were so mad and you were crying, but you didn't listen and drove away. And because of that, you've been coma lang naman for almost 3 months. And we also waited and hoped for you to wake up for almost 3 months." I was honestly shocked by the information. "The car accident was so bad. Naipit ka sa loob for an hour. Natagalan silang kunin ka. Tapos when you were rushed sa hospital, nandon na ako and Tita. She was crying a lot. I wanted to cry pero I need to be strong para kay Tita kasi kung sasabayan ko pa iyak ni Tita edi iyakan nangyari imbes na ikaw pinunta namin. The doctors said na kailangan kang operahan sa brain mo kasi may mga bubog na nakapasok sa ulo mo tapos may isang malaking bubog na daw na malapit na sanang maabot yung utak mo, besh, kung di agad naagapan, and they fixed something sa left leg mo. I don't what it was." It made me cringe. "Oo. Although, yung surgery na yun, only increases your chance to 3% lang daw. Pero ngayon you're alive! And I'm so happy about it! Marami akong kwento sa'yo, tinulugan mo lang ako. Ngayon magpagaling ka na dyan. Mage-enroll pa tayo for college! 3 weeks from now, pasukan na!"