VII. can we please stop meeting?

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Look, I tried ignoring him but that guy was just so stubborn and besides, it's not like what he did will destroy our mission," I replied, shrugging.

"But still, haven't I told you how a Victorian lady should act?! And didn't I remind you that you should maintain a low-profile here unless you want any trouble?"

"I am sorry but I just don't know how to act like an annoying Victorian lady. Being meek is not in my book of qualities." then rolled my eyes heavenwards.

"That my child is the reason why reading the books I kept giving you is a must. It contains all the do's and don'ts." Ms. Dolores uttered, standing up near the door while crossing her arms.

"Well, in that case then forgive me. If only you guys told me earlier that I'll be transported here in the year 1888 then I would gladly read those books." I said as I slowly kicked the pillows out of frustration.

"Fine, just remember to keep your distance between those two since like I said, we don't want any trouble."

"Just remember, Clementine, please remember that a lady and a man should not meet in private unless you guys are married. Also, just in case you forgot, it is not proper for a woman to scratch her head and her boobs which you kept on doi-"

"I do not," I cut-off but I just earned a death glare from Miss Dolores.

"It is also improper to interrupt someone while they're speaking, Clementine. Victorian ladies do not give gifts first to men, they shall, despite how long it is, must first wait for the men to give. You must not show too much skin or else the men will think you're offering yourself to them which we do not want, do we? Also, in this era, intelligent woman is not good so as much as possible, pretend you have a brain that has the size of a seed,"

I cannot help myself from gulping from what she last stated.

Later that day, Martha told me to go feed the chickens which made my eyes widened.

I was about to object and plead with her to change my task but too late, she was already off to the kitchen.

Look, I am no animal-lover. In fact, I am totally scared of them. I almost got bitten by a huge dog when I was at Grandpa's business partner's extravagant party.

That is why I seriously look stupid here in my spot as dozens of chickens stand in front of me. I don't know whether I should run and pretend I did feed the chickens or just throw this basket full of chicken foods at them.

That's right. I'll just throw these foods and it's up to these chickens to eat them! Hahaha!

So I let myself go near the chickens, and the fences separated us.

I seriously do want to shout at the top of my lungs right now to express my frustration over the fact that I am one stupid human being that does not deserve to eat a single chicken.

I glance around this place and this place kinda gives me creeps. I mean, it surely is surrounded by a dozen trees and that's it. Just the tree of us. The chickens, trees, and I.

"Come here, chickens. Here's your food~" I said as I raised the basket and gently waved it at them.

The chickens looked at me and hurriedly ran towards me which almost made me lose my balance because dude, I felt like running for my life but then again, this is my job.

This is better than cleaning toilets and serving Augustus Bennett and Leo Finley and watching them make fun of me.

"Don't be afraid of mommy, you little chickens~" I added as I leaned towards the fence.

"Come here, you little chickens~ Don't be a bunch of chickens~" I sang which made me laugh like a fool. That is one great pun, my friends.

I was about to throw the whole basket to the chickens for them to party when suddenly, I heard an annoying laugh beside me.