Chapter 28 || "Say Cheese"

Start from the beginning

"Can I shower here again?" I ask Shawn, putting my phone down. He's changed now, well, at least partially. He has gray sweatpants on.

"Yeah, sure." he replies.

I stand up from the bed, walking over to Shawn. He wraps his arms around me, his hands resting on my lower-back. I wrap my arms around him in return, swaying back and forth gently. Shawn and I stare at each other, and he leans down to kiss me. I go up on my toes and kiss him back, feeling my insides swell with love for Shawn.

"I love you." I whisper, and Shawn pulls back, smiling at me.

"I love you too." he says, gazing down at me. We stand there for a few more seconds, holding on to each other, before I let go and step back. Shawn steps away too, grabbing a towel and handing it to me.

"Don't follow me in this time." I warn him, taking the towel out of his hand.

"I can't promise to do something if I know there's a chance I might." he replies, and I roll my eyes.

"I'm being serious."

"So am I."

"Shawn, seriously. I have to go meet Julia in an hour." I explain, reaching for the door.

"I can be quick." Shawn says, walking up behind me and pressing into me. I can feel he's hard, and rather than being turned on, I'm just perplexed. How does he have such a high sex drive? We've only been with each other for two days now and we've done it three times already.

"Yeah, I know." I snort, opening the door and stepping out into the hallway. Shawn follows behind me.

"I thought I told you yesterday to not walk out here like that. I don't want anyone seeing you like this except for me." he says, and I smile.

"Aw, that's cute. You think you can tell me what to do and wear and that I'll actually listen." I say, and Shawn laughs.

"Baby, I was joking."

"I wasn't."

I open the door to the bathroom, stepping inside. I try to shut the door and lock him outside, but Shawn manages to slip in before I have the chance to do so. I sigh, and he looks at me with a feigned look of innocence.

"What?"

"Get out."

"Why?"

"I need to shower."

"Okay, then shower."

"Not until you leave."

"Not until you shower."

Shawn and I stare at each other. While I imagine I look annoyed and frustrated with the situation, Shawn is the exact opposite. He's clearly enjoying himself, smirking at me. He runs his hand through his hair and bites his lip.

"I can do this all day and you know it. If you want to be on time to meet Julia, just give in now." he says, and I know he's right. Still, my pride is too much to admit that to him.

"Get out before I drown you in the bathtub."

My threat makes Shawn burst out laughing, and I find myself growing increasingly more annoyed. Why is he just laughing at me like this?

"That was cute, you trying to be scary." Shawn teases.

"Why can't you just leave?" I ask, not caring that I'm whining now.

"There's some perverted people in the world Helaina. They could walk in on you mid-shower." he says, and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, and I'm talking to one of them right now." I shoot back.

"Your time is running out, Helena." Shawn says, his tormenting nickname making a reappearance. "You better just give in already."

"Fine!" I shout, exasperated. I put the towel down and lean over, turning on the shower. I turn back around and look at Shawn. "But if you so as much walk past and the motion makes the curtain move a little, I won't do anything with you for a month."

"Threaten me all you want, but we both know you wouldn't last that long." Shawn says, the smugness evident in his tone. I lift his shirt over my head and throw it at him, smirking.

"And we both know you wouldn't last one day if I walked around like this in front of you." I taunt, pulling the shower curtain aside and stepping inside.

My threat must have resonated with Shawn, because the entire fifteen minutes I spend showering, not once does he attempt to bother me. When I step out, however, just as I'm about to wrap the towel around my body, Shawn stands up and slaps my ass.

"Shawn!" I yelp, my face turning red. He just laughs and shrugs.

"You said not to do anything while you were showering, so I didn't. You're not in the shower anymore, so it's fair game." he says, causing me to roll my eyes.

"You're so annoying." I respond, but I have to turn around to keep him from seeing the smile on my face.

I wrap my body in the towel and tie my hair back, keeping the wet strands from touching my neck. I open the door and step out into the hallway, walking back to Shawn's room. Just as I'm about to step into his room, a boy passes by me and I can feel his eyes trailing up and down my body. When he sees Shawn walking behind me, the guy goes up and claps Shawn on the back.

"Hey, good job Shawn. She's hot as hell." the guy says.

"Fuck off, Adam." Shawn says, pushing me inside his room. He closes the door behind us and I drop the towel, walking over to Shawn's dresser to grab a clean shirt to wear. "See, Helaina? That's why I didn't want you in the bathroom alone."

"I would have locked the doors, Shawn." I say, taking a plain white shirt  of his and putting it on. I grab Julia's bralette off the floor and put it on under the shirt.

"Well what if you forgot?" he asks, and I shake my head.

"Shawn, calm down. Everything's fine, so don't get worked up over hypothetical situations." I say, putting the jeans back on from last night. I groan, realizing I'm going to have to wear the same heels.

"I just don't want anything to happen to you." he says, walking over to me.

"And nothing will." I say, looking up at him. "I have to go leave to meet up with Julia, but I'll text you later."

"Bye Helaina."

"Bye Shawn."

We kiss and I sling my bag over my shoulder, heading out the door.

-
-
-

A twenty minute walk later, I'm finally outside the Starbucks I agreed to meet with Julia at. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket, so I pull it out to see who texted me. I press the home button, and at that moment, I bump into someone in front of me and my phone goes flying.

"Shit!" I curse, scrambling to pick my phone up. When I pick it up, I'm relieved to see it's perfectly fine. In moments like this, I'm thankful I made the decision to pick a practical Otterbox case rather than a cutesy one like Julia.

"I'm really sorry." the other person says as I stand up.

"It's fine, I should've been paying attention." I say, looking down as I dust off my phone. I look back up and say, "So really, don't worry about- Oh."

"Hi Helaina."

"Um, hi Xavier."

-
-
-

AN: next chapter!! this ones a bit longer, i didn't even intend for it to be so long but it just turned out this way. i've updated like 3 or 4 times today haha so i hope you guys enjoy all the chapters!! as always, don't forget to comment/vote/follow me