The Gray Sisters

Lex

Did you ever have that dream where it seems peaceful, and things are significant? Yeah, I never have those dreams, not when I live with four crazy-ass sisters. Crazy? No, more like bat shit crazy.

These are the girls who have made it their mission to make my life a living freaking nightmare. Since I'm the only guy besides Dad and he doesn't count, in the family, I got to deal with their crazy antics growing up. There was the time they dressed me up like a girl! A freaking girl!

It's no wonder they flunked biology. My sisters couldn't even get my gender correct.

My sisters have gotten the crazy side down pat. You have Lyric, who is the oldest and a take-charge person. Then Larkin, whose second language is sarcasm. Lakin, who has a temper. Finally, Luna, who can't seem to keep her hands off the boys. Then finally there's me, who's the boy in this insane scenario.

Why my parents couldn't have all boys is beyond me? At least, I had Kaiden and Kain. It's not like they are a big help. Kaiden is too busy flirting with anything in a skirt, and Kain is too busy making fun of people. They're Uncle Nixon's boys.

You have Marshall and Murphy, who like to dole out punishment any time they get a chance. Beau and Brody have sent them after us many times. Marshall and Murphy are Uncle Nathan's boys, while Beau and Brody are Uncle Nolan's boys.

Then you have Noel and Niall, who prefer to watch the antics unfold and have a good laugh at our expense. They are Uncle Noah's boys.

The nine of us are only months apart, even though Marshall, Murphy, Noel, and Niall graduated this past year. Beau and Brody are three years younger than us. Then you have us, the quints.

Sometimes I wish I had been an only child.

"Are you yahoos ready? We have to leave in a few minutes!" I heard Dad yell.

"We're working on it, old man!" Lakin yelled back.

"Lakin, I will beat your ass! Stop calling me, old man!" Dad yelled back.

"I'd like to see you try!" Lakin yelled back.

Great, here we go again.

"Dad, why do we have to go, anyway?" Luna asked.

"Isn't she like one hundred and fifty?" Larkin retorted.

"No! She's ninety-two! And stop talking about Grammy like she should be in the ground already!" Dad yelled back.

I stood there listening to them as Lyric knocked on my door. "You can't hide forever."

"I can try," I replied.

"Lex, you're a Gray. Grays aren't exactly the shy kind," she said to me.

"Lyric, I prefer to stay home," I sighed.

"Is this because of the family or the fact Piper will be there?"

I cringed when she said Piper's name. I liked Piper for as long as I could remember, but I could never find the nerve to tell her. Now she was dating someone I couldn't stand.

"Lex, you need to tell her how you feel," Lyric coaxed.

"Tell who how they feel," Larkin said, popping her head into my room. We said nothing when she took notice, "Fat chance of that happening. The way Lex is going, Uncle Nix will marry Piper and douchenozzle before he grows a pair."

"Who grows a pair?" Lakin asked as she and Luna showed up, fantastic.

"Lex," Larkin said.

Lakin looked at me. "Lex, all you need to do is punch out the douchenozzle and sweep Piper off her feet."