Chapter 15- Christmas Shopping

ELIZABETH'S POV

Christmas. The best time of the year. Lights were strung on the walls, mistletoe was in every corner, there was a Christmas tree in the Great Hall for us to look at for every meal. Christmas was simply beautiful. Christmas brought everyone together, family was the most important thing about Christmas. Of course presents were cool too but it was the time of year where you're supposed to spend time with your family.

And that's what we're going to do this year. James, Sirius, Remus and Peter were all coming over to the Evans household this Christmas. Have a family dinner, joke around, and sip hot chocolate by the fire (though Lily doesn't have a fireplace). There was only one problem,

Hunter.

Hunter has definitely changed throughout the weeks; he's stopped stalking me, liking me, he even made some new friends in Slytherin after he realized that the ones that he had were bad influences on him. The problem was, was that he was still friends with me. He's nice and all now but after what happened between us I'm very hesitant (despite him saving me from Lucius). And because we're still friends it makes me feel obligated to inviting him over to our family gathering at Lily's house. I don't want too, and I know Sirius won't like it but what else am I supposed to do? And I know you're all thinking

"Just don't bring it up Liz"

Or

"Just because you're friends with him doesn't mean that you have to invite him"

Yes well he does know, and he has been asking about it constantly.

"Liz have you asked the Evans if I can come over this Christmas"

"Hey Liz I don't mean to bother you but have you talked to the Evans yet?"

The constant nagging is really annoying but luckily I haven't snapped at him yet. I just don't know what to do.

"Hey Liz once you're done writing in that journal of yours would you consider getting dressed so we could go to Hogsmeade? I bet the guys are waiting for us downstairs" I looked up from my journal that I had received from Lily last Christmas and looked at my watch. Seeing that it was quarter to 12 I only just realized that I've been writing for over half an hour.

"Sorry Lil I didn't realize I was holding everyone up" I smiled sheepishly; closing up my ink and my book while cleaning off a quill of any access ink. I got up from my seat and threw on a tee-shirt that was see-through but luckily it had a sports bra attached, washed out ripped jeans, some black and white shoes, a black jacket, a scarf and some leather gloves. It's safe to say that I was ready for Britain's weather. I put on some pink lipstick, eyeliner and mascara; spraying some perfume before I left with Lily.

"Took you long enough" Lily groaned; I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever you're so impatient" I replied, Lily then stuck her tongue out at me in which I did the same right back. We both laughed at how childish we were acting and linked arms; jumping down the steps.

Once we reached the bottom flight we saw that the boys were waiting for us in their own winter gear.

"Hey guys, sorry we took so long Lizzie here was writing in her journal again" my hair turned purple in embarrassment and I whacked Lily's arm.

"Whatever Lily I didn't take that long"

"It literally took you almost 30 minutes to get dressed. And let's not forget about how long you were writing in your journal-" I put my hand over Lily's mouth to prevent her from finishing that sentence. My face was beet red and my hair was now a deep purple with a hint of green from annoyance.