Chapter 16- Dolled Up

ELIZABETH'S POV

The next day I was awoken to someone jumping on my bed; opening my eyes I saw flaming red hair and new immediately that it was Lily.

"Lily I'm glad to see you but could you get off? I'm trying to sleep" I groan, shoving my head under the pillow. In the matter of seconds the bed sheets were pulled off of me; a cold draft went up my legs and I shivered.

"Jeez Lil its.." I looked at my watch on the nightstand and my eyes popped out of my skull,

"6:00 in the bloody morning Lil! Why are you waking me up this early?! Why are you here this early?" I exclaimed; propping myself up with my elbow ad rubbing the sleep away from my eyes. Once I wake up I can't fall asleep so I may as well get up now.

"I couldn't wait; I wanted to see you guys!" she squealed; hugging me as I was getting up from the bed.

*thump*

"Umph...You could've waited until I was up off my bed?" I asked; moving some of my hair from her face. She flushed from embarrassment and helped me up off the floor.

"Sorry I'm just really excited" she said smiling, I laughed.

"Yeah I can tell" her and I both chuckled until it went silent.

"So..." she wiggled her eyebrows as I quirked mine.

"What?" I asked; tilting my head to the side.

"What were you going to tell me that you couldn't in the letter?! I'm dying to know Liz!" a frown set itself on my face as I looked away; before I was so excited to tell her. But now that I know he doesn't like me I don't feel that same anymore.

"Oh it was nothing-I kind of forgot" I said; twisting a piece of my now blue hair. Great.

"Liz I can tell when you're lying; and that fact that your hair is now blue doesn't help" I sighed and looked out the window where the Quidditch pitch was; I smiled at the thought of when Sirius, James and I played there. And to think it was only a couple of days ago; when I was naïve and actually thought that I had a chance with Sirius.

"Almost" I whispered; clutching onto my necklace.

"What?" I heard Lily asked; I turned around with tears in my eyes. My vision was blurry but I could make out Lily walking towards me.

"Lizzie what happened while I was gone?" she asked; softly taking my hand and leading me to the bed; she sat down beside me and rubbed circles on my back as I began telling her what happened at Hogemede.

"Well it was Christmas Eve and James and Sirius were teaching me how to play Quidditch; after we finished Sirius and I decided to go to Hogemede. We invited James but he said that he was hungry and decided to stay behind. So we ended up going to Honeydukes and we got some candy; the woman who worked there told us how we were a very cute couple which embarrassed the both of us. When we were outside I ended up losing my necklace. After about 10 minutes of searching we finally found it; but when we were going to The Three Broomsticks me being the clumsy one that I am slipped on a patch of ice and almost fell; but he caught me" I closed my eyes; not wanting to say this part. But, since I got this far I may as well finish the story.

"So he ended up holding me and...I don't know I just got this feeling...I just got these butterflies in my stomach...and then he started leaning in-" Lily gasped.

"You guys kissed?!" she squealed; I shut my eyes tight and gulped down a sob.

"No...we didn't" I whispered; opening my eyes once more while shedding a tear.