Chapter 8- The Scream

SIRIUS' POV

I did it, I kissed her. After a year of liking this girl I finally plucked up enough courage to do so; and I'm happy I did since now I know that she still likes me.

Pulling away from her again I pulled her in for a hug; embracing her. My nose nudged its way into her hairline and breathed in; smelling her fruity shampoo and perfume.

"NO!" I looked over and saw Hunter getting up from the ground; before Lily could do anything James grabbed her; just in case he decided to try something. I too pushed Lizzie behind me but made sure I kept a good grip on her hand. I felt her squeeze mine, and it made me calm when I knew that she was still there.

"Look mate just leave; you know now that Lizzie doesn't want to be with you" James said; wrapping an arm around Lily. I watched Hunter twitch in anger; clenching his fists and grunting in anger. Then, as if something switched inside him he smiled,

"Fine, but I'll be back for you Elizabeth...I can promise you that" he chuckled before snapping his fingers and vanishing. All I could hear were the sounds of out breathing; I turned around and sighed; noticing that Liz was still behind me and now had my other hand in hers.

"Th-Thank you" she stuttered; wrapping her arms around my neck. I placed mine on her hips and tugged her towards me so that there was no gap between us anymore.

"I promise he won't go near you ever again" I whispered; feeing my shoulder dampen. I knew that she was crying and I hugged her tighter, showing that she was protected. She let go of me and looked at James and Lily who immediately grabbed her in a hug as well.

"I-I promise I didn't mean anything that I had said before-I had no control" she whimpered

"Liz don't worry about it okay" Lily reassured her, she sniffled.

"You don't understand, it was so hard just watching myself just be so mean to you guys. I was screaming at you to look at my necklace; it was shining white so I thought you guys would think that I was scared and would realize that it's just my body reacting but-b-but-" I shushed her and ran my fingers threw her hair, calming her down.

"I was so scared...no one could hear me. I was stuck in my head for months" she whispered, my heart lurched and I felt pain. I don't know what she went through and I don't think I want to, what I just heard made me feel like shit. How could I have gone this long without seeing the signs? I even remember her showing me the necklace in the hallway once and I ddint think twice about it. God I'm such an idiot,

"Come on let's head back to the common room" I said; intertwining my hand with hers. Lily and James agreed; following behind us. My mind went back to the kiss and I felt my face heat up,

'I should probably say something about it'

I looked over at Liz and I felt myself choke up what I wanted to say. Even though what just happened was traumatizing she still managed to look beautiful; there was a slight breeze so her hair was blowing with the wind. Her green eyes sparkled and still had specks of pink in them which I think means love.

With that thought I had a sudden burst of confidence.

"Hey Liz" she looked over and I had the urge to look down; I could almost get lost in those eyes of hers. I felt nauseous, why am I getting so worked up? This has never happened with any other girl that I've dated.

But, Elizabeth wasn't like any other girl. She wouldn't chase after me like every girl in our grade; she is my best friend and showed me what it's like to love someone.