His Name Is Anxiety

I just want a day when he isn't controlling me.
When he isn't the sweat dripping down my Skelton of bones and skin.
A day where he doesn't call my name,
causing my nerves to be high strung,
causing the shaking of my hands to begin again until every nerve in my body is calmed one by one which is something rare in this human body.

I just want relief, true relief that last more than an hour or day.
I want Years not seconds or minutes.
I just want to feel like me again.
His name is called anxiety and I am his skeleton bride.

He sits back and smiles as my pure white dress becomes blackened from the fire of my high strung nerves that become alive at his name.
He calls me to his throne and throws my crown on the ground telling me that I'm weak.

This is my anxiety and he knows my name and I know his.
What do we call him? Again,I'll say anxiety.
So many people believe he is an easy lover to get over, but yet they have not inhibited the body of the brides he takes,
nor have they ever sat in the skin of his victims and felt it become heavier with each step taken. Nor have they felt the burns from his high strung nerves. Neither have they had him question them if their body was theirs.

So, come tell us again that he is an easy lover to let go.
Wear the gown then tell us how it fits
until then don't even try to understand this lover.
His name is anxiety.
This is the war we are fighting!

Hi, loves this is Kara! I plan to publish a poetry book this year and I need your help! I have two options I can either publish Poetry From The Mind or Trio Of Words, the second option is to pick the best poems from both poetry books to make a new poetry book. Which do you think I should do and which poems do you think should be included?

In Between The Linesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें