2 Emmeline

This is the second request made by Alanna_Gladden I really hope you enjoy this one. And just a note to all readers this is going to be way out of timeline. So... Not basting this one on episodes. Well maybe a little bit.

Emmeline p.o.v.

My name is Emmeline Rhee. My parents are Maggie and Glenn Rhee. I'm 15 years old and live on a farm with my family. My family consists of my mom, dad, grandpa, Aunty Beth, Uncle Otis, and Aunty Patricia. Even though all this end of the world thing has happened it doesn't stop us from living life to the fullest. Grandpa and Otis even keep some of the undead in a barn furthest from us. I personally don't think this is the best idea but everyone says it's ok.

Right now I'm in my room working on my handwriting and reading skills like mom and dad tell me to do. Suddenly I heard a scream from downstairs and lots of frantic running. I quickly got up not finishing the sentence in my notebook leaving it at 'I love' it was supposed to say 'I love and adore my family and life.' But I guess this will have to wait. I ran downstairs and gasped at the sight in front if me.

"What happened?!" I yelled in a scared voice seeing a boy my age bleeding and unconscious. No one answered me so I moved to the side and looked at what was happening. There was two strange men in the house but I assume they were with the boy. Grandpa and Aunty Patricia were looking and inspecting the boy.

Mom was talking to the man and dad was talking to the other man. Suddenly mom walked out of the house and I moved to follow her. "Emmeline get back in the house." She said without looking back at me.

"First tell me what happened." I said stopping in my tracks. I saw her stop and turn around.

"Emmeline get back in the house. I have to go get that boy's mother in case he doesn't make it. Please baby go back inside and wait. I'll explain everything when I get back." She said holding my arms before kissing my head.

"Ok..." I said nodding. She nod her head before smiling at me. She went to where the horses are and out of my sight. I walked back into the house and stood in the corner and watched the boy get operated by grandpa. "Grandpa...?"

"Yes sweet pea?" He asked still focused on the operation of the boy.

"How is he gramps?" I asked looking at the boy. "And what's his name?" I almost whispered the last question.

"Well if Otis and that Shane get back he could be fine... I hope the mother gets here in case he doesn't..." He said looking closer at the shot wound.

"His name's Carl..." My head turned to the other corner and sitting on a chair was the first man I saw. "He's... My son." He said close to tears. "And he'll make it." I slowly nod my head looking back at grandpa.

"I'm sure her will..." I said in a whisper.

______________________

The next morning I woke to the feel of someome shoving my shoulder. "Emmeline... Sweetie wake up..." My eyes slowly woke up at the sound of my dad's voice waking me. I looked around seeing I was still in the room grandpa was operating. I looked and saw Carl was sleeping and stitched up with his dad and a woman sleeping in chairs next to him.

"What happened...?" I whispered getting up.

"Hershel was continuing the operation on the kid and you fell asleep before your mom got back." Dad whispered to me before helping me walk out the room. "When she got back She was gonna wake you but Hershel told her not to."

"Where is mom?" I asked looking at him.

"I'm the kitchen with Beth." He said pointing behind him. I nod my head and hugged him before walking into the kitchen.