Normal World AU

This is an AU. This is the world going back to normal and Carl living to see it. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is beautiful... There hasn't been a walker sighting since we found a cure a year ago. Things seem to be getting back to normal. There are more sightings of people, families, and whole communities. We still have the wall up around Alexandria in fear of another, more powerful, outbreak that might happen if we aren't careful. People still keep watch and we are ok with that. We would rather be safe than sorry.

Currently I'm outside the walls looking for any people that might need help. I'm still on my toes my gun fully loaded and my eyes and ears listening and watching everything closely for any sudden moves or the sounds of walkers. So far there has been nothing. With a sigh I begin my walk back home. Home to my family. Home to my boyfriend. Home to my sister. And home to my safe place. Once I got there I waved to my friend Sophia as she was the one who was on watch at the moment.

"How did it go out there?" She asked looking down at me as I opened the gate.

"Didn't find anyone." I said with a sigh if disappointment. "I was hopping to find at least one person today. Or a walker to kill...." I said under my breath.

"Yea well not everything can go your way Y/n." I rolled my eyes talking anothet look out the gate before closing it up. "Take that from a girl that was lost in the woods when this all started. It did not go my way almost getting bit." She said and I chuckled.

"Alright walker girl I'm gonna head over to find my sister."

"Enid? She's just went on a run with Maggie not to long ago." I sighed and rolled my eyes of course she would leave while I was out.

"Then I'm gonna find Carl." I said with a smile walking towards his house. Once I got there I saw a certain little girl run up to me and hug my legs. "Hey Jud. How are ya?"

"I'm great Y/n. Carl is upstairs reading comics." I smiled and ruffled her hair walking up the porch and said a see ya later to Judith. "Bye."

Walking up the stairs I heard Carl's voice as he read his comic out loud. Something he tends to do when he's bored and wants 'more emphases in the story' as he puts it. With a smile I walk in the room and sit beside him. "Hey babe. How was the search?"

"Failiure. I couldn't find anyone." I said as I lay down on his lap. "I hope I'll find people one of these days." I said closing my eyes.

"I'm sure you will Y/n you just need to be patient. I mean its been a year I think we've found almost everyone that was living in this area." He said as I heard him put his comic down and put a hand in my hair.

"Your right.... But still even a walker would have been fine." I said sighing still with my eyes closed. "That's bad to say considering we survived what those walkers did to us." I opened my eyes to see Carl smiling down at me.

"Its not bad. We lived a long time thinking the walkers would never end so of course its gonna be hard to live in a world without them. Remeber when me and my group first came to Alexandria. Or when you and enid first came?"

"Yea I do. We didn't trust we would be safe here for long and we still went out the gates to the walker ingested world to remind us if what has happened." I said remembering the first time we for here. "And you and your group were all in edge when you got here too."

"Yep. And sure its been a year without walkers but you never know if they could come back so its not bad saying you want to find people or a walker. You just only remember being on edge." He said still running his fingers through my head.

"I'm gald we both survived." I said smiling. "I cant imagine my world without you in it..." I said with a loving smile on my face.

He smiled at me and my smile grew wider. "Close your eyes." He said. I rolled my eyes before doing as told. "What do you see?"

"Nothing. Why?" I said keeping my eyes closed.

"That's my world. If I didn't have you in it with me." My eyes shot open and I saw that he was looking at me with so much love in his eyes it was almost overwhelming. "I love you Y/n."

"I love you too Carl." I said leaning up and kissing him on the lips. "And nothing will change that." I said putting my fingers through his hair before kissing him again. Before the kiss could get heated I heard footsteps.

"Awwwww." I quickly pulled away blushing a little as I looked at the door where little Judith was standing. "And ewwwwww!" She said Running in and making space for herself between myself and Carl. "You two are gross." She said with a small smile.

"You say that now..." Carl mumbled under his breath and I couldn't help but let out a little giggle.

"Oh please Carl if Judith ever got a boyfriend you and I both know you would tie the boy up outside the gate hoping for another outbreak of walkers to get him." I said holding back my laughter.

"Well lucky me there is no boy that is my sister's age." He said hugging Judith closely. "Which means she will be my baby sister forever and never have a boyfriend." He said happily.

"Just you wait Carl. All that talk is gonna jinks it and before you know it-"

"Don't finish that." He ssid sending me a playful glare. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Your sister will be doing that to a boyfriend of her own." I said befire getting up and running out of the room. I heard Carl running after me and I couldn't contain my laughter. This is a perfect world. The one we have waited for since the whole outbreak started. One where everyone is happy. One where I have the love of my life with me to live it with.