Hershal's Kid |Part 2|

Carl was out and about now. I'm glad dad, Patrisha, and I were able to save him. He has been practicing how to shoot a gun and sometimes I practice and id say I'm really good. I still don't agree with those things in the barn and now the other people know about them. Carl has asked me a few times about them and I just tell him how I don't think like my dad that they aren't people. That they're monsters.

"Dad your making them leave?"

"I have no choice (Y/n) we'll be safer if they're gone."

"No we won't! You think those things are people. They aren't anymore. We can't protect ourselves. And your going to take away the only friend I have left! And Maggie's boyfriend." I was starting to get angry. "And you do have a choice! You are choosing to make them leave instead of choosing to have them stay. So honsetly you do have a choice!!"

"(Y/n) listen." I ran out of the room before he could talk to me more.

I got outside when Shane started handing out guns. Maggie called him out and told him dad would kick them all out. "Give me one." I held my hand out and Shane handed me a gun.

"(Y/N)! NO!"

"Maggie! You think those things are still people but they aren't. They will kill us if they have the chance. And I want to be safe."

"Fine. But you don't know how to shoot a gun."

"Yea I do. Otis taught me when everyone was gone and I came back from school." We started running to the barn when everyone saw dad and Rick with walkers on a leashing pole.

_______________________________________
Small Time Skip
_______________________________________

All the monsters were dead. Even the little girl Sophia they were looking for. Maggie got mad at me for helping them shoot them down. Dad gave me a disappointed look and Beth. Well she hasn't stopped crying over mom. I have practically been exciled from my own family. They won't talk to me.

Sure they were our family and neighbors but now they were monsters. I was sitting alone out in the fields when Carl came up to me. "Hey."

"Hi Carl..." I said while looking at the view and messing with the gun in my hands. No one has taken this from me yet. We were in scilence for a while till Carl broke it.

"Why arent you with your dad and sisters?"

"They hate me right now."

"I don't see why. You were protecting them. Your a good shot though."

"Thanks I guess. But that doesn't stop my family from never talking to me again."

"Even if I was that mad I would never be able to not talk to you. I would miss your voice."

"... Really?" I looked up at him. "Maggie sometimes tells me to shut up cuz I'm annoying. I only really talk to Beth and even sometimes she says she cant satnd being around me."

"You don't know that-"

"I heard her talking about me to dad and Maggs." I sighed. "I'm not really important to them. I'm sure dad woyld be happier if I wasn't his kid and it was only Beth and Maggie." I had tears stinging in my eyes. Carl was about to say something when I cut him off. "Sorry. I shouldn't have been talking about this to you. I bet you wouldnt want to be hearing this..." I quickly got up and ran to my bidding spot in a small shack/barn We have nearby.

_______________________________________
Time Skip
_______________________________________

Its been a couple days and ive stayed away from everyone. No one knows where I am but I doubt they care. Only obe person knows. That's Dale. He helps me sneak around cuz he gets that I need and want my space. They have brought a teen/guy in my hidding spot. Ive stayed in the sorta second story and watched. I leave this place at the middle of the night and sneak into the kitchen to get food and extra water Dale always makes sure I won't get caught it seen by anyone else.

Sometimes I even stay in the old barn where we had the walkers. Tonight I was in the old barn when I heard voices. It was Rick, Daryl, Shane, and the guy. They were gonna kill him. Rick was about to shoot when Carl's voice came from the entrance. "Shoot him dad. Do it." Shane whent to scold him and Rick told Daryl to take the guy away. There was a scream and I couldn't help but worry. I ran to the sight and it was Dale. He had his stomach ripped open. Everyone was crying and didn't notice me. I started crying.

He was like a grandfather or second dad to me that's when Carl noticed me. He ran to me and hugged me. "It was my fault. I didn't kill the walker and it came and killed Dale." I hugged him back and cried more.

"Its ok. Its ok. It wasnt your fault. It could have happened with any walker...." I looked at Dale and saw that Daryl was about to shoot him. I looked away and heard the gun shot. I cried even harder. "H-he's g-gone." I was hiccuping and crying onto Carl's shoulder. He was running my back. "He was the only one that c-cared about m-me." Right when I said that Carl stopped rubbing my back. He let go of me. I was still crying.

He didn't look at me. Then I heard my dad. I ran back to my hidding spot. My second hiding spot. I had my knees to my chest and my face in my knees.

The next day I was awake and heard voices. I went to the balcony and saw a new grave and Rick talking aboit honorring Dale. I cried but not to loudly. I payed my respects when everyone left. "I'm sorry Dale. It shouldn't have been you. You were important to the group. I wasnt. I should have died. I'm sorry. You helped me sneaking around for the days i was bidding. I still am. You seem like the only one that actually cared about me. I-"

"No he wasn't." I quickly turned and saw Carl. I was about to say something when he cut me off. "He wasnt the only one that cared. I looked for you every day. I asked Dale about you and he said you were safe. I asked Hershel, Beth, Maggie and they didn't know. They looked too. But I looked the most. Sometimes I would cry because I didnt know where you were." He came closer and hugged me

"I'm sorry.... After all that happened at the barn when no one talked to me... I just thought no one would want me around."

"I thought you were dead sometimes. Dale kept your secret and it hurt me. I wished everyday you were alive and didnt have the same faith as Sophia."

"I-I'm sorry..." I hugged him tightly. "Don't tell anyone where I am. But I expect to see you everyday. I'm either in the small shack, barn or in this barn." We pulled away and he agreed. "I gotta go." I kissed his cheek then ran into the barn. I watched Dale's grave for hours crying a little sometimes and eventually fell asleep.

=================================

So. I like how this one came out. I think imma so a part 3.