Hersal's Kid

This outbreak thing is terrible. And what dad is doing to them seemes even worse. He shouldn't be locking them in the old barn. Sure they were our family but the key word is were. They aren't people anymore. I wish this whole thing never happened. I mean I miss everything because of it.

I miss my friends and surprisingly I miss school. I miss people. I miss going to town. I miss everything that happened before the outbreak. I miss not being scared to be outside or alive. And I miss all that prossesed foods. Like chips, fast food, and well all the stuff that isn't good for you.

"Hey Sunshine dad wants to see ya."

"Alright. I'll be down in a minute Maggie."

"Better be quick (Y/n)." I sighed, closed my journal and ran downstairs to dad.

"Sup pops!" I used the school slang that he hates when I walked into the kitchen with him.

"Don't talk like that you know I don't like it."

"Fine... Maybe. What do you need?"

"I need you to feed the people in the barn."

"No! You know I hate those things! They aren't people anymore. They're monsters! Have Maggie do it if you want them fed." I stormed back up to the room before he could say anything else. Then Beth came into the room. "Hey Beth..."

"Hey (Y/N). I heard you yelling at dad. Im sorry. I know you don't like the people in the barn."

"That's the thing. They aren't people anymore. I don't understand why you think they are!" we had a long conversation then she left to go do anything to help. "Bye Beth."

"Bye Sunshine." with my little nickname she left and closed my door. I quickly drifted off to sleep even if it was just before midday.

My eyes shot open by my name being called out. "(Y/N)!! GET DOWN HEAR QUICK!" I shot up from bed and ran as fast as I could down stairs. Once i got there dad was telling everyone to do different things while a man was standing there and a little boy about my age was on the bed. "(Y/n) get my equipment!"

"Alright dad." I ran into his room and grabbed all his medical equipment that he had and ran back. "Am I helping with whatever is happening?"

"Yea. I need you to keep pressure on his wound while we get his IV in." I nod and do as told. Otis comes in a few moments later with another man explaining what happened. Dad and Patricia were asking about his blood type and such.

"The bullet went straight through the deer I didn't see him. Not till he was on the ground."

"Well the deer slowed the bullet down which is what has most likely kept him alive."

"But dad the bullet didn't go straight through him. It broke into fragments and from what I can see there are 6." I looked up to my dad then down to the boy. He's kinda cute. Well for anyone who's hanging on tho dear life. Ha DEER Life. get it? No? Ok. "We are gonna have to take them out otherwise..." I trail off not wanting to say the only other kid my age will die.

"Alright (Y/n) how deep would you say they are?"

"The closest one about 5 centimeters. The others deeper than that." I felt his pulse. "And his heart rate is kinda faint. I'd say he lost lots of blood and if we don't get more in him we won't keep him alive long enough to take the fragments out."

"I agree which is why Rick is going to donate some of his blood for his son."

------------------------------------------------------------
Time Skip
------------------------------------------------------------

Carl still has the fragments within him. I have helped all I could. Shane and Otis are still not back from getting the medical supplies we need. His mom Lori is hear and she is not taking this well. He has already gone through a lot in the little time i have known him. I was right now alone in his room keeping an eye on him in case anything bad happens.

"Your gonna survive. I know it. Im gonna make sure you do. You can't die before we properly introduce ourselves." I grabbed his hand and gave it a small squeeze. Carl Grimes I don't know why or how but I have grown fairly attached to you.

_______________________________________
Time Skip
_______________________________________

We have finally gotten the supplies and now we have finished his surgery. I had a big part in it. Dad counts on me to do what is needed since be has taught me lots of medical techniques. "He's gonna be completely fine."

"Thank you. Thank you so very much." I gave a nod and led them to their son.

"It should be a while till he wakes up. You should get some rest Rick. You did give a lot of blood."

=================================
Time Skip; brought to you by laziness
=================================

Carl woke up and Rick and Lori left him for a while. "Hey kid. Nice hat." I hit his hat to make it cover his face.

"Hey!" He lifted his hat as I sat next to him. "Who are you?"

"Who's Sophia. She your girlfriend?" I said in a teasing voice. "I heard you and Rick talking about her. Im sure you'll find your girlfriend soon Carl."

"One! She isn't my girlfriend! Only my best friend. Two. How do you know mine and my dad's name?"

"My name is (Y/n)." I held my hand out for him which he took. "I helped my dad Hershel with the whole you got shot thing. We toom those fragments out of you and patched you up real good so you wouldn't die."

"Wow. Thanks."

"It was no problem sheriff." I giggled a little and he chuckled. We talked for a long time. Longer than I would have expected. "Well I better go. You need rest and-"

"Don't go. Please. Stay. For a while longer."

"Ok." I sat back down. Eventually I went and sat on the bed next to him. We talked till the sun went down then I layed down and talked a while more till my eye lids started growing heavy.

The next morning I woke up and saw that Carl's arms were wrapped around me and me being cuddled up next to him. He was still sleeping so i chose to get more shut eye since I dont want to wake him.

Honestly this is the best sleep I've had since this whole thing started. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kinda sucky but I'm gonna do a part 2.