Hopeless

⚠WARNING!!!⚠
⚠~Has some mentions of suicide~⚠

This while apocalypse thing is the worst. But hey I finally lost the unwanted fat I had. That's looking at the bright side of things right? "(Y/n). Watch out there are some rotters out a few yards behind us." I look behind me and sure enough there they were 4 of them. Tom was right about that. Oh right. Tom is my older brother. We've been surviving together since the beginning. He was practically my guardian before all this since mom and dad were always in business trips or at work or just sleeping from being exhausted.

They were good parents but never really there. And when the rotters got them..... It was hard. But not as hard as you'd expect from losing both parents in one night. I feel more attatched to Tom then I ever did my parents. And he now being 17 knows how to watch over himself and me. Plus he was gonna be in the army before this so he knows a thing or two about weapons and self defense and so do I because of youtube.

"Hey Tom. Look a store. Can we stay there for the night? I'm kinda tired."

"Yea we will baby sis. Lets just make sure the place is safe. Remember no fun unless you need it." I nod and we walk in. Tom banged on a wall and we only heard a few groans from the back so that's where we went. "Stay right here."

"On. Be careful Thomas." He gave me a reassuring look then headed to the back. I heard the things falling to the ground then Tom came back perfectly fine. We found the managers room and stayed in there for the night. It was pretty good considering I havent had a room since this whole thing started.

I woke up to Tom shaking me. "Come on. We need to keep moving." I groan and roll over to my side. "Come on (N/n) get up....."

"Five more minutes Thomas. I'm tired. Like really tired." He sighed and agreed to my request. Best 5 minutes of my life. I felt completely energized when I got up. "Lets get going big bro." He nod and we once again made our way through the forest.

Walking more there was a whole bunch of rotters! Like a lot! I gasped and they all turned to us. "Run!" I did as told and we both ran side by side. Then something caught my ankle and I fell. It was a rotter. It was about to bite me and blood came out. But.... It wasnt mine. Thomas put his arm in the way to save me. "(Y/n)! Run!" I did as told and ran. I just left him there. Bitten..... Dieing...... I left him and now He's dead.

My brother. I miss him already. He was all I had. And now I'm alone. Completely alone. He saved me even before all this happened. He stopped me from killing myself to end my horrible life. I felt unloved amd wanted to end that but he stopped me and made me feel loved again. I need him. I don't know how long I can go without him. I don't think I can survive without him. I don't know if I can stop rotters without him. I don't know if I can be me without him. I feel so lost.

------------------------------------------------------------
Time Skip
------------------------------------------------------------

A week passed and I was alone. Completely.... I have nothing to live for anymore. The only one that cared about me and I cared about is gone. Because of me..... But.... I can end all this. I can be with Tom again. All.I need is one bullet..... Just one and all my pain will go away and I'll be in a happy place.

I put the gun to my head. "Goodbye cruel cruel world..... Tom..... I'll see you soon....." I was about to pull the trigger but someone grabbed my hand and pulled it away.

"No! Stop!" I then came face to face with a man. "Don't do this to yourself. Your young. You have a love ahead of you. Dont throw it all away."

"Tom did..... He let his life go. All for me. A worthless piece of-"