BGM - A Long Story pt2

Start from the beginning

"You okay mate?" He asked after a long moment of Rob not moving to sit up.

"Yes, just tell me what happened! Don't leave me hanging like this!" The grown man now laying on Calum's kitchen tiles requested with a flourish of encouraging hand gestures.

"Alright then," he shrugged and continued.

...

Pulled out a velvet box he had just ran out to get in the thirty minutes he had been gone. Now, Calum was about to be a college student, given, he had a full ride and lots of leftover cash from his summer job, but the ring was still modest at best. He was a little self conscious about it, but you couldn't care less.

"Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N, will you marry me?" Calum's voice wavered from the raw emotion of the moment. If you do them right, proposals only happen once. This was a once-in-a-lifetime event he was sharing with the woman he loved. He'd never forget it.

You were crying again, this time from happiness. Calum came back. Calum loved you so much he wanted to marry you. Yes, you were flawed, yes, it was going to be a lot of work and there were no guarantees, but nothing good in life comes without risk.

"Yes," you nodded and reached down for him just as Calum was beginning to stand. He didn't even get a chance to slide the ring on your finger before you pulled him into a kiss. "I want to marry you now," you spoke against his mouth.

"Now?" Calum repeated in disbelief.

"Call your parents and Luke, I'll get mine and Y/BFF/N, we're going to the courthouse," you grinned and kissed him again.

Calum took a moment to reciprocate as he was frozen in shock, but only a moment later he was kissing you back with fervor.

...

"You got married that day? Right then?" Rob blinked slowly as he absorbed the information.

"Like I said, Y/N was old for her grade so we were both eighteen. Surprisingly, all of our parents got on board, probably because they knew they couldn't stop us. Luke was my best man and Y/BFF/N was Y/N's maid of honor. She wore her Mum's dress and I used the tux I had from prom. It was pretty nice actually, we had our post-wedding dinner at McDonald's," Calum smiled at the memory, twisting his wedding band up and down his ring finger.

"So you've been married for-"

"19 years, twenty this August," Calum finished for Rob, "we had this big ceremony for our tenth and everyone assumed that it was the real wedding not just the vow renewal, not that we cared enough to correct them."

"That's- that's like super romantic. Who knew that Calum Hood, the king of soccer, was such a softie?" Rob mused, "This book is going to be amazing."

"You think so?" Calum peered down at the floor.

"Oh trust me, they'll eat it up."

BONUS:
"Calum Hood: sexiest man alive, three time World Cup winner, millionaire, husband, brother, son, soon-to-be-father, and now best-selling Author. What do you think babe?" Calum grinned into your stomach as he felt the baby kick.

"I think that if the baby's head is the same size as yours I'm going to need a C-section," you rolled your eyes fondly while reaching down and feeling your husband's curly brown hair.

"Are you saying that you don't like a well-rounded, very accomplished man?" He pouted while spreading his hands against your skin. Before you could answer something rather snarky, the baby kicked right over Calum's palm, harder than you've ever felt it.

"Whoaaaa, I think I've got a football player in theeeeere," Calum looked back up to you to cheekily grin, only to see you staring at him wide eyed and pale faced. "What?"

Your own hands flew up onto your stomach and covered his, "grab the bag, this baby is coming."

Calum's expression mirrored your own, "you mean...?"

"I MEAN GRAB THE BAG AND YOUR KEYS!" You yelled, "AND CALL MY MOTHER!"

"YES DEAR!" Calum was on his feet in seconds, frantically running around to get everything he needed. He appeared back moments later with your car keys in hand and hospital bag slung over his shoulder. He rushed over to help you get up and begin your walk to the car. It was slow, and by the time you got to the stairs the contractions had started.

"To Hell with this," Calum groaned and picked you up, groaning lightly at the weight, but covering the noise with a cough when you glared at him.

He carried you all of the way out and to the garage, putting you down only to open the passenger's side door. You backed in and sat down, letting Calum swing your legs in and shut the door for you.

He ran around to the other side and yanked his door open, clambering into the car and turning it on. It wasn't until that you were out of the driveway that he looked down at the clock on the dash and saw the time. "Happy 20th baby!" He smiled.

"Maybe for you," you groaned and leaned back, "I mean, happy twentieth, I love you even though you are partially responsible for this literal pain in my everything."

"I love you too," Calum winced at your comment about the pain, "we'll be there in no time, and then you can get that epidural."

"Mhm," you relaxed a little at the sound of that. "Oh, and don't forget to call Luke and Michael, they'll want to know that their godchild is on the way."

"Are they back from their honeymoon yet?" Calum tentatively asked.

A sharp glare from you made it clear that that wasn't what you asked.

"Right, I'll get right on that babe, they'll be thrilled," he promised while merging onto the highway.

"They better be."

Thanks for reading, commenting, and voting!

Hope ya loved it!