Chapter 30: End

Harley screamed.

Joker had ran busted through the door, his face sweaty, hands clammy, his breathing erratic.
He stared at her, washing over her body to see if she was hurt in any way.

He finally let out a breath that he hadn't know he'd been holding in the whole time since he entered the room, rubbing his eyes from the built up anxiety.

"I–I'm sorry.. I–I didn't mean–" Harley struggled to form a sentence, her nightmare had really shook her to the core. She was shivering, a thick layer of cold sweat covered her skin, even her own breathing was out of place.

"Sh, sh, sh," Joker hushed the frightened girl, making his way onto the bed and pulling her close to his chest. Her head nuzzling to where his heart had been beating quite quickly as his arms had embraced her, almost protecting her from the negative things to stop them hurting her further more.

"Want to talk about it?" His voice just above a whisper, she shook her head, declining.

She wasn't ready.

Hot tears had spilt from her eyes onto his bare chest, trickling down his skin as she continued to weep. Her breath hitched at points.

"My darling, are you sure you don't want to speak about it?" His voice reassured her that he was there, there to listen and care after her.

"I c–can't.." Her own voice cracked, just like her mind did. She snuggled deeper needing his touch more than ever, wanting him more than ever. "Puddin',"

"Yes, love?" He ran his fingers through her long, platinum blonde hair. Soothing her whilst she broke down, "I love you." She said with a heavy heart.

"I love you so much, and I will never stop loving you not even till death do us part." She spoke again, he continued stroking her hair.

"Please don't forget that.." she pulled away, looking deep into his real blue orbs that was gazing back down at her.

"Of course I won't, but you must promise me,"
He paused, "promise me, you won't forget either.. that I do love you too and will forever more. Not even till death do us part."

A smile, a genuine smile had appeared on her lips as the water kept escaping her bloodshot eyes. Earning the same smile back from him.

"I promise." She croaked.

In the moment, Joker had leant down to Harley that was still in his arms. His lips connecting to hers, pure bliss had flooded her body, including his. It wasn't just a kiss she would get everyday from him, no, this kiss was different from all the times they had shared.

It was romantic, passionate, true love, and all along had been buried within. Both could feel it, it was breathtaking. Eventually his hands had left her side and cupped her beautiful face that was still wet from the tears, he wiped the remaining droplets with both his thumbs.

She smiled once more, closing her eyes as she nuzzled her head further into his palms.

"I do love you, my precious girl.. I mean it." He spoke softly to the vulnerable Harley in his arms.

"I trust you, Mr.J." She replied with joy thumping within her veins and heart.

THE END.

Now, before I completely finish the book
I wanted to say thank you to everyone
That have read and enjoyed this book along
The way, I had a lot of fun writing it.
The story is really old since I began it
Maybe 2-3 years ago.
And we've come a long way and
Just thinking about it actually makes
Me quite sad.. but in a good way.
I appreciate every comment and
Person that stayed dedicated to this book
And I love you.

If you did want a sequel to this, please
Let me know down in the comments.
If not then I'll leave it as it is,
I was originally going to make a part
2 since you need to know about Scarecrow.
But I'll leave the decision up you guys.
Thank you once again and goodbye.
🌹