Chapter 20: Control

Welcome back to a new chapter!
Hope you liked the last one, plus--
we HIT 900 views already!
I can't wait for 1000! XD
Anyway.. enjoy this chapter and
many more to come.
*Music at the top*

*Harley Quinn*

A few minutes had passed, I still stood in the same position. He left... but there was something that felt wrong. Like that wasn't the end, it just didn't feel good.

I peered over to my clothes that were in a pile in the corner, I dragged myself over to them. I began to put them on and fix the rest. I made my way to the door, exiting through whilst locking it as I shut it. I pushed my way through the half naked girls that were dolling themselves up for their next act. Some gave gruesome looks, some smiled. Eventually I made it out and carried on till the double doors that took you outside, I escaped the hot breath and sweaty drunks.

I continued to the car, reaching out for the door and stepping in. There was only one place I could go to and hope I won't be alone, she was always my best friend and right now.. I needed her.

I sped down the streets of Gotham to her house, my emotions were still eating me alive from my last encounter with Joker. Reminiscing his kiss on my neck, so warm, so soft. Stop Harley. He's a cheating douche bag that had broke your heart into a million pieces.. he doesn't deserve you. Not anymore.

I snapped out my thoughts, realising that I have finally arrived at her house... Ivy.
I got out the car and walked over to her door, her place was still the same- vines travelling along the bricks with red roses attached to them with deadly thorns poking out behind of the bloody petal, like a innocent mask covering the violent truth.

I lifted my hand, placing it on the knocking handle that was built in the wooden door, I pulled it back; lightly slamming it back down onto the door. A heavy echo escaping from the knocks. I repeated it three times until I paused and waited for a moment, a faint click formed on the other side of the door. A light seeping out from the opening of the crack whilst the door was being opened, a long, weak creak had been released.

As the wooden block revealed the body behind it, it was her, finally her. Her eyes were dim for a second but lit up as soon as she met my gaze, "Harley! Oh my god! I can't believe it's actually you!" She exclaimed, "Hi Pam! I've missed you so much!" I gave her a run-in hug, she opened her arms ready, the warmth that had been exchanged between us felt amazing, like I had already lost the loneliness and cold from the outside. This is what I needed, what I had long hoped for.

She invited me in, we both sat down in her living room, I nuzzled myself in the corner of the couch with a red blanket wrapped around my frame as I held a warm hot chocolate in both my palms.

"You don't know how happy I am to see you Harley, it's been so long... the last time I saw you, you were in the hospital." A sad expression was carved into her face as she remembered what had happened last time.
I gave her a sympathetic look, I can't imagine what she must've been going through whilst I was gone for a while. I wouldn't have managed either if I knew that my best friend was in hospital, her life at risk.

I shook the thoughts away, she looked over at me, I gave her a toothy smile. She giggled at it. "So tell me... what happened? Give me all the details!" She leaned in, eager to know, like a child was looking at a present with bring coloured wrapping.

"Well.. after I began to get better at the hospital, they prescribed me pills to take, so I can eventually defeat the thing that I had consumed. After that I had started to work at the 'Golden Reele' as a pole dancer, sounds bad but I had gained so much money that I have my own place and car.. not very big but enough to call a home... and uh, that's it." I hesitated on the last bit, I wasn't sure if I should've told her about Joker.

"Is that it..? Seems like a basic story. I was actually expecting more but I'm happy for you! I'm so glad that you have a job and a place! I hope to come visit one day and sleep round obviously," she began laughing, I joined in. I really missed these kind of moments with her, where we would just sit down and catch up on each-others lives. "I'm just going to the toilet quickly, I'll be right back and maybe order us some pizza!" She squealed, I nodded my head with a bright smile. "That'd be great! I'm starving!" I replied back to her. But she was already gone before she could say anything else.

I took a sip of my mug, my mind was empty for once. Like a wave of peace just washed over me, I felt safe and comfortable. Not scared or lonely... maybe it was the hot chocolate that was getting to me, I giggled at the thought of it. I wish there were more nights like this, just me enjoying the time, not having my sanity slip though my fingers. I melted into the couch, losing consciousness of my surroundings.

*****

"Well... well.. well. Look who's finally decided to join us on this lovely evening." A malicious laugh echoed through my ears, my eyes fluttered open. I was in a dark room, my wrists chained to the wall behind me, with a sharp light gleaming down at me, like I was the spotlight.

My heart rate began to speed up, my stomach churning with anxiety. Sweat running down my head, dripping onto my bare chest. My eyes flooded with tears that were threatening to fall, "w-what.. w-what's happening? Where a-am I?" I stuttered with fear, "Relax pumpkin,"
I recognised that voice, hatred began to burn in my veins. "Someone doesn't look too happy.." he laughed again. "Fuck you." I spat at the darkness, where he hid. So I couldn't see him.
"Now, now. No need for that kind of language, I'm not going to do anything... not unless you want me to." His words were twisted with lust and poison.

"Go to hell, freak." I growled, he huffed in response, "You've got a very big mouth today, haven't you.. sweetheart." His teeth were clenched together as he said the last word,
"Don't call me 'sweetheart' you fucking psycho." Another sentence had escaped my mouth. "I think someone needs to learn some manners," the words rolled of his tongue and slid into my ears, creating goosebumps on my skin.

He stepped into the light, his green hair glistening with his typical grin plastered over his face. He walked over to me, hovering over me...

*****

"Harley! The pizza is here!" A sudden voice woke me up from my dream, can I even call it a dream? I pushed myself off the couch where I had been laying, I saw Ivy walk back into the living room with 2 large boxes, the tasty aroma filling my nostrils. I hummed in delight, my mouth was watering with joy. She set them down on the coffee table in front of us as she grabbed the remote and began to play a movie.

"Dig in!" She motioned her hands towards the pizza, I took slices, biting and finishing each one. Satisfying my crave. Damb!
I peered over to Ivy to catch her ramming countless of pizza slices down her throat, I laughed at her actions, I struggled to find a breath.

I was laughing so much that my stomach began to ache, I had many tears escaping until I saw flashbacks of the dream I had. I froze, I saw him.. just standing there looking down at me. I was frightened, "J." I mumbled under my breath, "Harley, are you okay?"