Chapter 6: Time

This chapter has a massive time skip, just because I want to cut to all the heartbreaking, amazing, lustfull parts. Enjoy!

*Harley Quinn*

"Harley!" What did I do now? "What?!" I reply "How many times do I have to tell me you? The hyenas are not allowed in my working space!" I run upstairs to find them messing around with Mr.J, "Awe but they love being with you puddin!" I coo at the sight, "I don't care! Take them and keep them downstairs with you, I've got business to take care of." He grunted, searching through his papers that were spread across his entire desk. "I know, that's what you always say," I didn't pay attention to him, I could feel his stare burn into me, I didn't dare look up. "Come on girls, downstairs now!" I clicked my fingers, pointing at the stairs behind. Both leaving the room with a bark.

Before I closed the door, "Harley, I'm trying my best. I'll make time for you soon! I'm just really busy at the moment, the time taken when we were in the asylum was too long! Money has slipped through my fingers because of it, you need to understand, baby. I need make money for us to live." I looked up to see him rubbing his temples, "I'm not forcing you be with me 24/7 Mistah J, I'm just asking you to acknowledge me, to know that I'm here for you. But sometimes you treat me like one of the henchmen. I don't want that, I want the man that gave me that kind of affection when we were in Arkham. The man that would make my heart jump out my chest when he gave me a smile. Not this." I waved my arms between me and him. He sighed, turning his head back to the papers scattered out in front of him.

With that I shut the door completely and made my way downstairs.

I don't know what his problem is lately? He's been so stressed out and agitated about everything, he's been locked up inside that work room since we both left Arkham.

"Still moody?" Frost asks, "Yup." I reply blankly. "Don't worry about it kiddo, he'll come out eventually." He tried giving me hope. "I know it's just that I haven't really spent proper time with him, he's been so distant. I miss the Joker that I had met in Arkham." I had stopped for a minute until I carried on, "Look I appreciate your concern Frost but he has to come out soon. Or better yet, let me be there for him. When he's stressed, I would normally help him out and he would forget about his problems. He would let me hold him and reassure him at times. But he doesn't, he pushes me away so quickly, I don't even know who he is anymore." His response was quick "He will Harley, you'll have to be patient my dear. Joker isn't your average guy, he can feel and do a lot of things, he's a difficult man to adapt to but soon enough things will get better. So just take it easy, alright?"

"I just wish there was an easier way. But thanks anyway frost." I sigh, giving him a hug.

"No problem, Harls. Just hang on."

**********

I run upstairs into our bedroom, stripping down and making my way into the bathroom, I climbed into the shower, the hot water running down my back. Every bruise and cut being scorched by the pure water. I whinced from the pain.

"Fuck." I mumble under my breath.
"What?" A dark voice appearing out nowhere, I immediately step a bit back into the shower. Rinsing the soap out my eyes to see Joker standing in the door way, "Oh, it's you."
My voice cold, I continue with my shower, "That's not very nice, is it?" He adds back with almost like innocent, baby tone.

"Really? You can say that? After all the days that have passed that you completely shut yourself away in that shitty room, isolated from the rest of us and not speaking to us, you can say that?" I reach out for a towel, wrapping it around my body then getting out, giving him a deathly stare. "Oh for fuck sake, what do you want me to say- sorry? Fine then, I'm sorry." Sarcasm in his tone, "Listen I'm not in the mood for having an argument now, I'm tired babe." He whines to me. "Well that's not my fault, you hardly even go to bed. I have to sleep in that bed alone at night! Once again you live in that room of yours!" Irritated, my voice began to grow. "I don't do it on purpose! I'm doing all this for us! You ever wonder how we still manage to eat, have a shelter and shit like that? Because I work my fucking ass off in that room to gain money for us, for us to live! So don't complain to me that I don't take care or speak to you anymore. I'm fucking doing this for US doll face!" The air warm suffocating as silence increases between us.

I stood there just staring at him, absorbing his presence, I missed it. I took in the details that were new to his face, the dark circles cradling his eyes from the lack of sleep, the bloodshot underneath the circles, his strained voice from all the shouting and assigning tasks to the henchmen. A dull, tired look.

"J.." He lifts his hand up to stop me from speaking, "It's fine, Harley. I'm going to go finish up, I'll be back later." He turns his back to me. Leaving me alone in the bathroom, I sigh in response. A tear threatening to fall from my eye. I could hear his footsteps fade away, his stomps going down the stairs as I couldn't hear them anymore. I brush my teeth, clean my face once more. I finally finished up, falling onto the bed curling up, it was cold night and he wasn't here to give me warmth that I usually received from him.

The amount we have been arguing since arkham was unbelievable, I had started to cry, hot tears streaming down my face being absorbed by the pillow. I was alone, cold, I never knew how much I needed him till now. When he just left me, apart of me had went away. The feeling of his touch, the way he would make me laugh and fall for his dumb smile even more, I did love the man. He was gorgeous to me but he never told me that he loves me, was I not good enough for him? Did he not love me back? Or was I an actual toy to him. My tear stained face muddled with confusion and heart break, I wonder what he actually thinks of me.

My head and thoughts taking me away as I drifted off to sleep in the big bed. I held his pillow close to my chest, the cheap cologne and smudges of makeup on it,

nuzzling my head even more into it.