Chapter 22: Bandage

Oh my! We've finally hit 1k views!
Thank you guys so much, i appreciate
you reading and voting for my chapters!
I can't wait for the future and how this story
will end up, for now I'm going to be sweet
and give you a nice chapter for once!
Thanks again!

*Harley Quinn*

"P-Puddin.. is it really you? Uh- I- I just can't believe you're here. Wait.. why are you here?"  My body was frozen, I couldn't move one bit. Was it the excitement from seeing him or was I scared, it just feels so strange to see him again, it was like staring at a ghost for the first time.

"Yes! Yes! Baby, it's me! I'm here because," he stepped forward with his hands in the air, like he wanted to run over and hold me but had stopped himself. "I'm here.. for you." He glanced down at the floor for a split second then looked back up to me, I was speechless, not a single word could escape from my lips.

"J.." a word that had been mixed with a sigh came out, a rush of joy, of happiness, pure bliss
was like a wave that swept me off my feet and cleansed the dirt away, the dark clouds that hung over me. The warmth of my blood below my skin burning at this point, speeding through the veins underneath. It felt nice.

I ran into his arms, he picked me up, my legs wrapped around his torso. Both our heads deep nuzzled into each other's necks, I could feel a smile form on his lips, I did the same. The hug had gotten tighter, this is what I craved and finally had received. This was my heaven, feeling his presence, his cologne that usually used to rub onto me and my clothes were back, his messy green hair, making it even more softer and creating a bigger urge to slide my hand through it. His skin, the skin that I reminisced when I was alone. Everything was back.

*Narrator*

"I missed you, I missed you so much." Harley's voice muffled, his grip tightening around her fragile frame. She lifted her head, looking at him, placing her hands around the back of his neck. He gazed back at her, his icy blues stuck on hers, "Come home." Her eyes flickered back and forth from his stare, in truth she wanted to cling him even more and say yes a million times but she knew deep down if she gave up that easy, then what would be the point of all of this? Everything she had done without him was a waste, to prove to herself she can be more than what she used to be.

Harley glanced over to where Ivy had been standing, the sadness erupting in her emerald eyes, her head twisted to the the right, away from Harley and Joker. Harley looked back at Joker, her head tilted slightly down to his chest. "I..." She was cut off, "Go Harley." Ivy's voice interrupting her, almost choking on them. "Ivy I don't want-" cut off once again by her, "I'll be fine, go home." She looked over at Harley that had already been standing as she kept her gaze on her. Joker not caring about the plant, just waiting patiently, but had made a strange thought at how Harley was reacting each time she looked or spoke to Ivy. Something else was buried in her mind, twitching in her little head. He was determined to figure it out and break it.

"Harley." Jokers cold call out pulling Harley's attention away from the plants gaze and stepping towards the exit with him before stopping once more to see Ivy turning her back to them as she walked away. "I'm always here for you." The last words she spoke as her presence drained out the room where Joker and Harley stood. "I know." She whispered in response, but not loud enough for J or Ivy to hear.

**********

We arrive at the warehouse I longed to be at, we haven't spoke since we got here. The car journey was silent. A memory flashing in my head from the night that I found him with that stripper, the heartache still lingering in my chest but I made sure to force it away, I wasn't in the right mood to be crying over that.

We both made our way to the entrance, he unlocked the door waiting for me to walk through first. As soon as we got in my eyes had spotted Frost on the couch watching those troubled family shows, I snuck up behind him from the couch, scaring him. He jumped but catching my sight, "Whoa- Harley! You're back!" He gets up from the couch, coming over to me to give me a hug, "I missed you too!" I said to him.

"I didn't expect to see you tonight.. well for a while actually." A frown formed on his lips, and so did mine but I shook the feelings away and nudged his shoulder to capture his attention again.

"That's long gone, its alright. I'm here now!" I exclaim, I lied straight through my teeth though, I wasn't 'alright' with it. But it's in the past now, I can't do or change anything about it. I sigh.

"I'll catch up with you about everything soon, I need to find Mr.J. I need to talk to him." A faint smile appeared, he nodded his head in an understanding way.

I wonder the house for a bit just to take in the old smells that I had missed while I was gone, metallic with a hint of smoke wafting around. I carried on into the kitchen, I walked up to the fridge pulling out a bottle of cold water, I didn't trust the water that came out from the sink. It litterly looked like scum, not see-through whatsoever. So I made Frost buy water bottles instead.

I struggled twisting off the cap, almost breaking a nail until I heard footsteps walk in but didn't turn to see who it was, I just kept struggling.

A cold hand had snaked around my waist,
"Let me do it." I see Mr.J take the bottle from my red, heated hands. In a swift motion he managed to spin the cap off, making it land on the counter in front of me.

"Show off," A playful grin crossing his mouth from my comment. I took a few gulps before setting it down, he leaned onto the counter. Watching me closely.

"What?" I said

"Nothing," He responded

I didn't bother asking him again, if he wanted to talk about something he would tell me and I would listen. I would never force it. He would get irritated when I did and I didn't want that either right now.

"Oof, I need to go take a shower." I crinkle my nose from my body oder, I see him chuckle at my reaction.

"You wanna join?" I ask him sweetly, a wide smile crossing his face. I giggle because of it.

"Why not?" He shrugged his shoulders, nodding his head with approval.

We both hurry upstairs, something still wasn't right for me. Eventually I would have to talk to him about everything, he can't just be okay with things that had happened over the past month, well I wasn't.