Chapter 28: Burn

miss.takesadecadetoupdateachapter
is back!

******

The night was still young, but grew colder after Joker and Harley had finished their dance leaving everyone mesmerised.

"Lets go home." Joker whispered into Harley's ear making her grin in response.

The two of you broke apart from each other's embrace, "Not so fast, Joker." Bruce stepped closer. Lifting his hand in front of Jokers face as a halt motion.

"Oh come on Brucie boy! Our fun has finished, we'll be making our way out now." Harley stood cautiously behind Joker, in case a signal was needed.

"I don't believe you." His voice was stale.

"Someone has trust issues, tell me, who hurt you? Don't be scared, you can tell uncle J!" Joker chuckled in amusement whilst Bruce stood there with a straight face.

Looking displeased.

"Harley!" She had jumped out behind, appearing in his view.

"Get the car.." He ordered sternly, not breaking eye contact with Bruce.

"Okie dokie, Puddin!" She skipped out the ballroom, leaving Joker alone with him.

Joker pulled up his leave and looked at his wrist, telling the time of an imaginary watch.

"I really need to go, time flies when you're having a blast.." Joker shoved passed Bruce's shoulder. Making him grunt in response.

Before Joker reached the exit doors his last words made Bruce shudder in fear.

Internal fear.

"Tick Tock, Tick Tock."

And with those last few words the sound of a timer had begun.

"Everybody get out!" Bruce yelled from the top of his lungs, people immediately fell to the floor covering their heads and loved ones, some did what he said and tried to leave the building but all doors were blocked or locked.

Joker subtly walked out the building unbuttoning the wrists of his suit and made his way to his astonishing purple Lamborghini that held his beautiful woman inside the passenger seat.

"Wow, that was quick," She states as Joker falls down into his seat, pulling Harley in and colliding his lips into hers letting out a satisfying groan.

"You did amazing, my dear." He says between the kiss, eventually breaking up the kiss and whispering, "and just for that I have a grape soda on ice and a bear skin rug waitin'."

"Yeah?" She replies slyly "but puddin', what about the money?" He chuckles in amusement from the question.

"It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns!" And with that, the whole building that he had left blew up.

Everything was on fire.

"Boom." He said, cackling whilst stepping down on the gas pedal and sped down the streets of Gotham.

Harley joined in laughing, if only this night would never end she thought. She turned to him and kept a sweet gaze. Focusing on how much she did love him, and hoped that she would never be separated from him.

She had forgotten about all the bad things and only remembered the good things, increasing the love for him even more, it felt magical in a way. Every detail of him was like a rare piece of gold to her.

"Joker.."

"Yes, Harley?"

"I love–"

*Skrrt*

"What the fuck was that?" J looked in the rear mirror and saw batman riding on his tail.

Harley looked back too, the Bat himself driving right behind us, she whipped out a gun and aimed out the window.

She shot but unfortunately missed.

"Stupid bats! Ruining date night!" Harley screeched, more bullets escaping the gun but hitting nothing.

Joker laughed once more.

Batman successfully jumping on the roof of the purple Lamborghini, Harley now giving up and looked before her own eyes.

"Puddin'.." The trembling of words, anxiety twisting inside her as she saw the river that ran through Gotham in front of them.

"Puddin'..?" She said once more but Joker didn't reply.

Joker didn't stop. He kept going, his foot pressing down onto the pedal making The Lamborghini roar.

"Puddin', I can't swim!" Harley screamed waiting for the impact to hit her. Sealing her eyes shut.

As they reached towards the end where they were about to dive into the river Joker swiftly swerved the car, so strong and powerful making Batman lose his grip on the roof and slip off into the river himself.

"Baby, you can open your eyes. Batman's gone now.." She heard her sweet lover speak.

Harley opened one eye to see and then peeked the other, releasing a heavy breath that she didn't know she held in.

"I-I thought we were going to crash.." Her voice cracked in between.

"Fuck." She muttered.

One of the first times she's ever felt scared.

Joker stayed silent till the ending of the journey home. Both of you walking into the warehouse before you.

Harley didn't bother removing her dress or makeup or anything, instead she just climbed straight into bed without a second thought or sound.

Whilst joker was already sat in his office.

******

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Like the plotwist with the whole
crashing–into–a–river scene ;)
Don't forget to vote! I'll see you
guys in the next chapter!
Only 2 more chapters then this book
Will finally reach its end unless
I decided to continue it on another
Book. Part 2.
<3