Chapter 17: Why?

Welcome back again! As half of
You have seen the last chapter, which ended
With you making the choice of Harley's life.
I appreciate you guys getting involved in
The story, it makes me happy and I will
Be doing more like that because
I love seeing you guys interact :p

*Narrator*

"Okay.. okay Harley," Joker sighed, his hands were clammy.. so many thoughts and feelings were being pushed into his mind. "I love you Harley, I love you so fucking much. Please don't go." A tear dropped from his bloodshot eyes. "Don't leave me alone.." Joker gripped Harley's hand, salty water flooding, making his eyesight blurry. He watched the chord that was connected to her, his shaky hands reached out for it and... dropped. He couldn't do it. He fell on the floor, straight on his knees with his head buried in his palms. His muffled cries were the only thing audible in the room, aside from the heart monitor that felt like a ticking time bomb.

Until.. everything went silent. Peace and tranquility was invading the room. Like something had muted the world, and has led to this moment. Joker lifted his head up, looking around, he didn't understand what was happening. He brought himself off the ground and stood there. His weak legs threatening to collapse again, but he kept his strength.

"Harls.. ?" Joker mumbled, he couldn't hear the heart monitor beat anymore. He dragged himself to the machinery instead, trying to figure out what was wrong. He hit the box on the side, nothing happened, silence was still there. He glimpsed over at Harley's body, still no movement.

He stood by Harley's side and leaned into her, placing a delicate kiss on her forehead.
"I'm sorry.. I couldn't do it. I don't want to do it. Goodbye Harley." Joker pulled himself back, walking steadily out the room, he opened the door. He glimpsed over, one last time at her, waiting.. but nothing happened. He looked away as he exited the room, shutting the door quietly behind him. His footsteps fading out, until everything began to go silent again.

No more sounds, cries, heartaches.. none of a sort. It was normal for once. Just.. normal.

*Ivy*

Again.. on my bed, drinking another full bottle of booze. Drowning instead. My house smelt like shit from all the weed, roll ups. I can't help it, I'm struggling without Harley. It's hard to sit here without knowing if she's okay or not. Is she dead? Is she alive? Ugh, i don't know.

I heard noises coming from outside my place, I went to the front and saw Joker standing there. Looked like he had rough day, his eyes were dragging down, as his body was almost hunched over. I unlocked the door, he pushed past me.

"Urm..Did I say you could come in?" I scoffed at him, "Where's your beers?" His voice was croaky, like someone had punched him in the throat and now he can hardly talk.
I gave him a glare and steadily walked over to the cabinet of alcohol. "Here." I showed him, he walked over; snatching one as he went and sat on the couch. I just kept staring at him, he didn't look at me, he kept his attention on the TV. "Are you just gonna stand there and look at me for the whole time?" He said, kept his eyes on the TV still. I huffed grabbing my bottle from earlier. Sitting down next to him.

"I know you hate me but.. can you just cut me some slack. I'm tired, I don't want to have any fights with you." He took a gulp from his beer afterwards. "Whatever. I don't want you in my house.. I just want to know about Harley." My words were harsh but softened when I said her name. "What do you want to know?" He questioned, "I want to know why you cheated on her? Why aren't you at the hospital right now? Why... weren't you there for her." He glanced over at me, furrowing his non-existent eyebrows at me. And sighed. As he relaxed his face and turned back to the TV once again. He was emotionless, no words. Just speechless, like I said something in those questions that made him think hard.

".. I wish I did know." Was the only thing he said, "Thats it?" I stood up in front of him, blocking his view of the television. He didn't look at me, his eyes were staring at the floor. "That's all you have to fucking say? After everything you and her have been through!" I began to raise my voice at him.
"What do you want me to fucking exactly say? Huh? What! I'm just as broke as you are, plant." He yelled back. "You fucking bastard. You egotistical bastard!" I screamed in his face, "Don't you say that to me, you bitch. I'll make sure you'll regret saying that. I'll make your green ass sorry."

"I'm not Harley you piece of shit. You don't tell me what to say or do, you're under my bloody roof!" I spat at him, his jaw was clenched like he was trying to hold something back. As his fists were turning white from how hard he was tightening them. "Get out off my face."
I spoke, he got off the couch and walked to the door, he threw his beer at the wall. Pieces smashed everywhere, along with a stain on top. He slammed the door shut, his car sped off.

"Fuck you too."