Chapter 29: Later

Woop! Another slow ass update,
sowwy my pretties!
Warning: Gory!

******

Early morning.

Harley peaked open her eyes, hissing at the sun that immediately blinded her, gripping her pillow and slamming it against her face to shield the light. Her thoughts travelling to Joker, instantly her hand was feeling the side he usually sleeps on. Not there.

Not surprised

After months of her almost dying, the least he could do was sleep next to her again, she thought. But decided to shrug it off and let him do him.

That was until something heavy had sat on top of her whilst she was laying in bed.

It was him.

"Puddin!" She squealed beneath his muscular frame. "I didn't notice you came in." She spoke once more but Joker kept quiet.

His eyes were dark, the room fell cold, the girl felt uncomfortable but thought nothing of it.

"Want me to go make breakfast, my love?" She offered, her gaze shifting to how he had trapped her whilst sat on top of her small body.

"I'm not hungry." His tone was blunt, dead.

"That's okay! We can just stay in bed for the whole day perhaps?" She tried cheering up the atmosphere but failed once more.

"Harley." He spoke, her full attention on his face.

"Yes, Mr.J?" Anxiety had built up, afraid of what he would say next.

"I love you." His voice was still dead, her stomach had fluttered, but her heart ached for some unknown reason. "Say it back," He whispered.

"..I love you too?" She responded.

"Say it louder!" He suddenly yelled, making her flinch beneath him. "Say it louder." Joker repeated.

"I love you too, Mr.J." She looked him straight in his black orbs that used to be blue but now had been drained.

"But you don't.." he muttered, glancing down beside her body.

She had heard the words escape his lips, the heart ache had grown almost as if it was now cracking her small organ.

"Mr.J! Don't say that! Of course I love–" She pushed herself upwards, just to be forced back down by Jokers hands. Her head slamming back onto the mattress.

"Don't fucking move!" He roared, making a slight tear form in her eye from the impact of his hands, now, the screaming of his voice.

"Puddin' I do love you so much, why are you being like this?" She whispered not wanting to trigger another scene from him. Her tone soft with a hint of hurt. "I would die for you."

"You would die for me?" He repeated.

"Yes! To prove how much I truly love you then yes I would!" Her voice slightly raised from earlier. He stared back into her sad blues.

"Die for me.." He said the same thing again, making her furrow an eyebrow. She hadn't noticed his hand that had reached the back of his pocket of what seemed to be his sweatpants, she just continued to get his attention by saying his name a few times.

Eventually he was out of it. He had drifted away from his surroundings, Harley was gone, their room was gone, it was only him in the dark abyss.

It was quiet until he finally spoke up,

"You... you just couldn't let me go could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You are truly incorruptable aren't you. You won't kill me because of some misplaced sense of self-rightousness. And I won't kill you because...you're just too much fun. I get the feeling that you and I are destined to do this forever." Joker finally released, realising that he was only talking to himself in the dark abyss he was trapped in. He had forgotten about everything in that moment, including Harley that he was still sat upon.

His hand finally pulled out the sharpest, most beautifully craved knife that seemed to be the only thing glistening in the black space.

"I've always held a liking for this knife," Again, talking to himself.

Except the whole time he had been trapped in this dark hole, Harley observed his behaviour. She saw how deep he was in thought whilst he sat on top of her, his eyes tightly shut, the veins on his neck pushing out slightly from how tensed he was. The way his body shivered.

The knife he held closely to his chest.

She heard every word he said even though he thought he had been speaking to himself.

Harley didn't want to interrupt him, she listened to him. Almost as if she was hypnotised to what he had been saying. Even if she was to wake him from his mind, it wouldn't have worked. He would've still been stuck.

Joker twirled the knife in his hands, tracing the details on the handle at certain points. A genuine smile crossed his lips, Harley had also smiled from his expression.

His eyes still closed.

The knife travelled to his neck, he pushed the tip of the knife at the beginning of left side of his neck.

"Joker! Stop!" A voice had echoed.

Slowly he pulled the knife from one end to the other.

"You're killing–" The same voice had erupted.

The warm blood oozing out the slice of his neck, staining his hands in the process whilst the knife had continued to glisten with the crimson colour dripping from below.

J O K E R

A fragile hand had gripped onto his wrist, pulling him out of the abyss. The hand was cold, the grip loosing strength as it eventually fell from his skin.

Joker looked down to see the woman he had met and loved at first sight dead. Her blonde locks now dyed with deep red, her eyes dull and no longer blue like they had used to be. Instead they were grey and stared up to the ceiling without the light that used to shine within them. The sound of blood gurgling between the open slice of her neck, small bubbles appearing now and then. The remaining blood escaping her slightly opened mouth and nose. Her hands resting on both sides of her limp body, his own hands still holding the handle by her wound.

"Harley I made breakfast for you!"

******

So this chapter might be a bit
confusing for some readers,
or maybe not, depends really.
Anyway thank you guys for 2k
I appreciate it so much and love
You guys just as much!
I'm really sorry for the slow
Updates, apart from that the
Next chapter will be the final one
To finish this book of. Unless
You guys want a sequels then
Please let me know otherwise I'll
Just stop it. Thank you once again!