Chapter 15: Silence

Im back! Hope you
enjoy this chapter, and
I apologise for messing with
people's emotions! :p

It's been hours since Joker has arrived at the hospital, sitting beside Harley, holding her hand tight as he exchanges his warmth for her cold. No updates on her, no doctors has said that she would make it, they still haven't discovered what has made her this way. They've only found out that this 'thing' that's harming her body is roaming through her bloodstreams and affecting the blood cells within her, causing her to body to have difficulties gaining strength or even trying to kill the 'thing' inside her.

"It's one in the morning doctor, visiting times were over hours ago! You can't let him stay any longer."

"Nurse, please! You're not even thinking, that man inside there is Joker! He'll slice your throat if you carry on whining about his presence."

"Fine. But I'm going home, I'm not staying here. I'm tired, and Hungry. Good night James."

"Good night, Mary."

**********

"It's okay baby, I'm okay."

"H-Harley? Is that really you?"

"Yes, its me."

"I've missed you so much, I can't see you?"

"I've missed you too..."

"Harley why can't I see you?"

*no reply*

"Harls..?"

*silence*

"Help me.. please!"

"What do you mean?!"

"Save me!"

"I'm trying! Where are yo-"

"Puddin-"

"HARLEY NO!"

..come back..

*Joker*

"Wake up. Mr. Joker!" A loud noise awoken me, it must've been a dream.
"Sir, its almost 2 in the morning. You need to go home and get some rest." I lifted my head off the bed, turning to see the Doctor next to me with his hand resting on my shoulder.
"She'll be fine, just please go home," I turned my attention back to Harley, her body still numb and blue.

"I-I can't leave..her," I struggled getting the words out, since I haven't had anything to eat or drink. My mouth was so dry.
"You can't stay here all night-" his disapproval made me angry so I cut him off-
"She's my WOMAN! I love her and I will not be leaving her side! I did not spend almost 3 hours in that car to drive here and be asked to leave like that. I'm sure if your wife was here too and you didn't know if she was going to die so you wanted to spend every second with her, you would do this too! So don't you fucking tell me to leave her. I'm not going anywhere.."
I gave him a dead glare, the guilt in his eyes was a signal that he agrees with me, exactly.

"I-I'm sorry. You may stay as long as you like, there's a spare bed I can give you for the night so you don't have to leave her." He showed me the rest of the things I needed if I was going to stay for a while, "Thank you." I nodded my head at him, "It's ok. I completely understand and I would also do the same for my wife." He sighed in devastation. He began to walk to the door, "I'll need to go home.. I'm not supposed to leave a person here but I'm trusting you enough to stay here with her and not go anywhere else unless you need food." He kept his back faced to me, "Thank you again Doctor." I said, "Its okay.. goodnight Joker."

"Goodnight." I spoke one last time as he left the room, shutting the door behind him. I watched as the all the lights in the corridors switched off. The only light left was us.

As time passed, I kept my eyes on her.. taking all her features in once again, things would've been so different if I just stayed home and laid by her side. If I didn't get so fucking angry and gone to that stupid club and made that mistake.

Everything would've been so different..
She probably wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for me.

But it is.

This time I'm not leaving, ever.

My eyes eventually fell and so did my head, back onto Harley's bed. I didn't bother getting into the other spare bed, I just wanted to stay close to her and not go far.