Chapter 60

A/N: This chapter's a long one but trust me, a TON is in store for you!
Please remember to vote and comment. Thank you.

________________

When he hugged me, I was so caught off guard by how real it felt to be snuggly wrapped in his arms. It was like I was touching an actual person, one that wasn't just a figment of my imagination—no, it was much more than that. Also, I have to admit that I'd forgotten how tall he was. I had to go all the way on the tips of my toes for my chin to just reach his shoulder; and I hadn't fully comprehended why but as soon as I felt comfortable enough, wrapping my own arms around him, I cried. All of my emotions seemed to have been... unravel at that moment.

There wasn't a mirror anymore for me to truly confirm, but my face was probably the color of dawn as tears flowed from my eyes like a stream that moved as swiftly as the wind. Adam gave me comfort, though, when he gingerly rubbed my back in circular motions and whispered tender words into my ear.

"This isn't just some random nightmare that you're dreaming." Adam was very tolerant and soft as he spoke. "Tell me, have you ever felt this real inside of a dream before, where everything was so clear and vivid or seemed so tangible?" He paused then slightly pulled away from me, so he was able to look me in the eye, letting me know that he awaited for a response.

I swallowed as I released him and went down to the flats of my feet again, on the cold and creaky floor, before I timidly shook my head while lowering my gaze.

"So do you believe me now?" He asked with pleading eyes.

"Yes, but... so does that mean that you're real too?" I asked. "You're the Adam I've known for a while, the one who's taken me to that fair?"

He smiled brightly. "And the one that didn't get a brain freeze after you told me that I would."

I tried not to, but the thought of that day made it impossible for me to stop my lips from curling upwards. He was just so cute with all that vanilla around his face.

"O-oh yeah," I said still recalling the events that happened that day, but then I quickly realized something that baffled me. "...wait, if you're that Adam... than how are you here, in my... spirit?"

He took a breath in and replaced his smiling face with a neutral one. He had made himself to be unreadable.

"Dawn, I've been meaning to tell you this for a long time—I wanted you to know of my secret, but because the One who truly knows you, stopped me each time and told me that you weren't actually ready to hear of it, I've always refrained from telling you out of deep respect and reverence I have for Him. But now, I've been permitted—there's no better time than now." My nerves began to get to me. What exactly was he hiding? "I'm able to be here with you, in this hidden place, because I'm an angel, Dawn—your guardian angel; and I've been yours since the day you drew your first breath from this world."

My head tilted sideways as I crinkled my eyebrows in confusion. "Really?" I felt as if Earth ceased to move.

"Yes, that's why I'm able to be here. I'm a spiritual being and I have been the whole time since you've known me."

Because of my strong-willed skepticism, I wished to question him further about what he said. For example, if he were truly an angel, where were his wings, or his halo? Wasn't angels known to possess such alluring things? But then again as I thought deeper, my eyes lit up after I realized that maybe the reason he wore that white hoodie all the time, was to hide himself behind it. That's probably why he never seemed to want to take it off! But why? Would something bad happen if he did?