Chapter 28

I was still stunned and barely could get any words to come out of my mouth. They just kept getting caught in my throat, and I was choking on them.

"Oh...my God, are you okay?" He asked, with concern laced in his voice and his eyes saddened. Looking into his face made it all the harder to hold in my tears. It was then, that I remembered our little disagreement the other day. "Why are you crying..." he asked, reaching out his hand to my face.

"Back off," I barked, slapping his hand away, then quickly turned my foot and began to speed walk from him.

"Dawn," he called, trying to get me to stop, but I didn't, I just kept on going, not wanting to see his face. "Dawn, wait!" He shouted again. "We have to talk."

I heatedly turned around, annoyed that my name was coming out of his mouth. "I have nothing to say to you, alright? Just...stay away from me." I hissed at him, then tried to walk away from him again, but he grabbed my arm before I could. "Agh, get off me, let go!"

"Wait, can you at least give me chance ..."

"A chance to do what, throw me to the floor again? I don't think so," I said, interrupting him.

"Come on, Dawn."

I looked at him with sadness still in my eyes, then let out a breath to calm a bit down. "Thomas, I'm not in a very good mood right now, just..."

"Dawn, please... please just hear me out." His eyes were pleading.

I impatiently rolled my eyes, then sighed deeply. "Okay fine," I said, speaking lowly. "What did you wanna say?"

He breathed and averted his remorseful eyes to the ground. "I just wanted to say that...I'm sorry for what I did to you the other day. It...it wasn't me," he said looking back into my eyes, then released his grip from my wrist. Thankfully, he didn't grab onto the one, Jordon had bruised.

Rubbing the back of his neck, he continued, "I was just so angry that...I couldn't contain myself...and...and don't get me wrong, that's no excuse for my actions, but I just really, really, really regret that I yelled at you... pushed you and told you to ride my bike. I was such an idiot. You got hurt and it was all my fault..."

"Thomas," I said, causing him to stop his blabbering.

"Yeah?"

"If I forgive you, will you shut up?"

After I had said that, a glint of hope sparked within his stainless steel eyes. Then a happy smile screached onto his lips. "Yes! Yes, of course I will," he said. "I'll even shut up right now if you want me to."

I giggled at his reply. "Okay, okay, I forgive you," I said, then he opened his arms and tried to hug me, but I held out my hand. "Whoa, not so fast, buddy," I said lifting an eyebrow.

"Oh...um, I'm sorry," he said awkwardly backing up. "I just... feel so relieved."

"Really, why?"

"You have no idea how good I feel now," he said genuinely. "Regret was gnawing at me ever since I last left your house. The guilt I felt was so heavy on my heart that it was literally killing me, but now that you forgave me it's like the weight has been lifted off of me. Thank you."

I looked up at him and gave him a closed mouth smile. "Everyone gets angry and everybody makes mistakes, it's not a big deal. Besides, an accident is an accident, right?"

"Yeah, exactly," he says running his hand through his loose curly hair. "Hey...would you like for me to buy you some ice cream?"

I thought for a second, then shook my head. "No thank you, I already had some earlier."