Chapter 54

A/N: For all those who have made it this far in my story, THANK YOU SO MUCH. Y'all make me smile. Oh and please don't forget to vote!!

***Also, my friend drew this picture of Dawn for me, isn't it beautiful?! Although this isn't how I initially imagine her to be, it's close! He has more of his awesome work on Instagram, feel free to check them out. His username is ruulette!***

________________

Alana

I grabbed my phone and roughly placed it inside of the front pocket of my small, black purse that was resting on my shoulder. Because it was raining cats and dogs outside, I had decided to wrap my cotton ball type hair into a bun and since I was in a hurry, perfection wasn't an option; and even though this wasn't my best work... it was still presentable, so I sucked it up and left my room with an umbrella in hand, not willing to allow even a drop to land on my head.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I dug through my purse, looking for my keys as I walked through the kitchen but then a sharp thought reminded me about Dawn. I turned my neck and looked at her door. Maybe I should go and say bye, I thought, I don't think it'd be right to just pick up and leave without telling her. I then turned my foot and went in her direction.

I breathed out, agitatedly. “Where in the world did I place those darn keys? I don't have time for this,” I muttered to myself, pausing mid-way to her room, fed up.

Impatience and irritation pushed me to flip my bag upside-down and dump everything out of it. Coins, pens, my wallet, a tube of lipstick, and a balled up, used paper towel fell out as I shook my bag. Each item created a unique sound when they hit the hard floor; and even though I didn't see my keys fall out, I still stopped for a moment and searched throughout the mess, hoping to find them, however, my eyes didn't catch their sight.

Annoyed, I dropped my arms; I knew I was going to have to go back to my room and search for my keys there, but a jingling sound reached my ears when I did. I quickly glanced down at my purse, remembering that I could've possibly placed it in the front pocket. Surely enough, that's where they were hiding and I just had to sigh at myself. I can be so forgetful sometimes.

After picking everything up, I proceeded to walk in Dawn's direction and once I was close enough, I grabbed the doorknob and attempted to turn it but it wouldn't budge. It was locked.

“Hey, what have I told you about locking your door?” I asked, tapping on the door a few times, clearly upset, but then the thought of her quietly mourning over Bonnie's unfortunate death calmed me. “Don't get me wrong, baby, I understand you're upset and all... but it's not the end of the world. We'll get through it... like we did the last time, okay? We are in it together. You're not alone in this.” When she didn't answer, I lifted a brow then continued to say, “C'mon, Dawn, open the door, this isn't funny anymore. It never was in the first place... and you get a pass this time, for locking this door, but just know that next time you won't be so lucky.” There still was no answer. I twisted the doorknob some more. “Dawn? Hey, I know you can hear me.”

Was she sleeping? Possibly; but she never really was a heavy sleeper.

“Look... I just wanted to give you a hug before I leave. I probably won't be back till late at night.”

Nothing.

“If this girl doesn't unlock this door right now then she about to...” I murmured to myself then lightly gasped, remembering that at the top of the door frame laid a key that was made to help in situations such as this. Filled with gratitude, I went on my tippy toes, struggling to reach it for a second, but nevertheless grabbed it and then let out a strained breath. I had to play with the key in the lock a bit before it was finally opened.