Chapter 12

I woke up early the next morning still having cold-like symptoms. I hoped to feel at least eighty-eight percent, but I'm feeling like I'm forty percent. My sinuses were painfully congested, making it all the harder to breathe. Also, triggering my worst enemy, headaches.

Since my alarm clock was still broken I had to check the time on my phone. It was a little far, being on the nightstand but I managed. When I picked it up I saw that it was five-eleven a.m.

"Agh, too early," I groaned to myself while placing it back down on the stand. Then I laid back down, comfortably. Afterward, I wrapped myself back into a cocoon, with my soft blanket and tried to go back to sleep.

But then, as I was drifting off into Dream World, Adam's cute smile crossed my mind. It immediately caused my eyelids to be opened. The thought of missing another day without him forced me to my feet. I slipped on my bunny slippers and slowly started to walk to my bathroom. As I was walking I noticed my neck and back were a bit sore but I pushed through it.

"Ew," I sighed, as I looked at myself in the mirror. The tiredness I was feeling was unexplainable. I was tempted to literally just sleep where I was standing but I know I couldn't so I just continued evaluating myself.

There was dried up drool beside my mouth, boogers that annoyingly leaked from my nose, and bags under my eyes because it was hard to breathe last night. Several times throughout the night I had to sit up and lean my back against the headboard of the bed so that I could breathe easier. So it's safe to say that I barely slept last night.

I continued with my daily routine and started to brush my teeth and when I was finished I eagerly hopped into the shower. The best part about showing was the warm water and hot steam. It never failed to give aid to where I was hurting, unlike God.

He never gave any aid to any type of pain I had whatsoever! He let my dad suffer and now he's letting me suffer and he's not doing a thing to stop my misery. I started to cry at this point. My tears were getting mixed with the shower water.

If there's a God out there who claims to love me unconditionally like my mom always says, then why does he let me go through all this affliction? Why not just snap his finger and take away all the anguish in my life to prove his existence?

God doesn't love me. No, he doesn't, because if he did then he'd surely heal me.

Maybe my doctor is right... maybe God isn't real and that everything in the Bible is a lie! Christianity is simply just another fairytale. That's it! My doctor is a smart man so what he says must be true!

I angrily slammed the faucet off.

I was filled with so much bitterness, that I didn't know what to do with it all. I just wanted to scream and release all the grief that was locked inside my fragile body, but my lungs would punish me for it.

It's okay, it's okay. Just breathe Dawn breathe...

After a few minutes of my mental break down, I finally regained my composure. Afterwards, I dried myself off with my towel then wrapped myself up with it. When I stepped out the shower I looked at myself in the mirror again and I didn't like what I saw. A little makeup won't hurt, I reassured myself.

I left the bathroom and went over to my walk-in closet. I had a lot of clothes, so choosing what to wear would definitely be a hassle.

My wardrobe wasn't fashionable at all. It consisted of a few dresses that my mom bought for me to wear at church, but I rarely wore them. A lot of jeans, shirts, and sweaters that probably a twelve-year-old would wear. I say twelve because the designs were so childish. As an example, I have a Dora shirt and it literally says, 'Hi I'm Dora! Let's be friends!'  What the heck is wrong with me?!