Chapter 48

He didn't waste a second, after I pulled the hood off, to turn around in such a fury that it made my heart sink. Immediately, like a boom, a powerful yellow light illuminated around him, consuming his whole entire body. The intense, glistening beam bolted toward the blackened sky and spread through it like a tree's roots would the ground, lighting up the whole area beautifully with a brightness more brilliant than the sun itself!

I looked at the golden sky in awe. It seemed as if the light had lit up the night for an eternity—everything literally felt like it was slow motion; but in reality it quickly dissipated within a few seconds and was now, only encircled around Adam.

The profound, piercing color had consumed every black strand there was on his head; his hair was now golden. I was so astounded that my mouth hung agape and I could barely move. All I could do was brace myself to what was sure to come.

He swiftly grabbed the collar of my shirt, closing my airway for a second and then forced me back until we were on the porch again. He didn't hesitate to slam my body against the hard wall. "Arr, stop! Stop please!" I begged while pain shot throughout my back; all that raced through my mind was regret. I wished that I didn't call him over, that I didn't tick him off, that I didn't foolishly pull the hood off of his head, but right now, that was the least of my worries. "I'm-I'm sorry! I was being a prick, alright?! Just please let me go! I won't ever do that again."

To my dismay, he carried on as if he'd heard nothing from me—nothing at all! That's when complete fear began to eat away at my body.

I let out an agonized shout, then closed my eyes tightly and turned my head to the side because the blinding light burned them. I hadn't stared at him for even a minute and they already felt damaged.

He released my shirt and in the split of a second, grabbed my jawline with a very firm hand. Forcibly, he turned my head to face him, again, directly-it was to prevent me from turning away once more. I tried to lift my arms, so I could grab his and push it back to relieve the pressure from my jaw and the back or my head... but it was useless. In his presence, I was weak-I literally thought I was going to pass out! It felt as if I had no bones or any muscle in my body; I was fighting to stay standing. Ironically, it was him that was keeping me up.

Even though my eyelids were pinched shut, the light still managed to make my eyes singe behind them.

"Open them." Adam said and I stilled. He didn't shout or sounded angry when he spoke, he was calm in fact, but he held such an authority that his voice echoed loudly within my head and ears. It was like a gong had been hit against my eardrums! "Open them," he commanded again, "and cast your eyes on mine."

I didn't dare resist him nor tarry any longer with what he said and so, reluctantly, I slowly opened them. I immediately screamed because of the intense golden light, it was like fire-no, lava was being poured onto my eyes; the pain was excruciating! I almost felt the want to die. Hot liquid leaked from my eyes as I continued to stare, and I had this gut feeling that it wasn't just tears that we're running down my cheeks—blood mixed in and followed close behind.

"Find my eyes and yours​ will no longer burn."

Hearing that gave me a slight hope that my corroded eyes could actually get relief from this terrible light.

I desperately tried to find his eyes but it was harder than you think, since his face was hidden behind this tormenting light! Although, when it felt like forever, I finally spotted two glowing blue orbs. They must be his eyes! I remember Adam's being exactly like this, as blue as the sea and as deep as the ocean!

When I placed my full focus on his eyes, almost instantly, mine ceased to burn and felt soothed. There were no words to express my thankfulness at that moment. I then realized that his eyes were so beautiful and bright, that they no longer looked like they belonged to a human! What the frick is this guy?! And... and who is he?