Chapter 11

***********

Eleven years ago...

************

"Daddy, Daddy! Get up!" I squealed, with my squeaky voice, trying to wake him up. I have been waiting all day for him to teach me how to ride a bicycle for the first time. I'm tired of my stupid tricycle, with it not letting me turn correctly or ride in the grass. It's not challenging enough for me anymore, and this four year old needs to be challenged. So now i'm ready to level up. Unfortunately, all my daddy wants to do right now is to sleep in his cozy king sized bed, but I can't withhold my eagerness any longer. I've got to wake him up. I have to...

"Daddy, wake up! Wake up!" I started to shake him. My tiny fingers were too small to wrap around his muscled arm. Then, when that didn't seem to work I started to tickle him. I could see in his face that he was trying to fight the urge to laugh, so I tried all the harder and dug deeper into his ribs.

Soon enough he gave in and started to burst out laughing. "I got you," I said giggling, before his beautiful amber eyes met mine. Then he quickly got from underneath his covers and playfully tossed me up in the air, making my two long and thick curly ponytails to fly crazily in the air. For revenge he started to blow on my neck, causing me to start laughing hysterically like a Hyena.

Then he sat me on his lap and gently whispered into my ear, "Oh, my precious Dawny Bear, what will I ever do without you?" He hugged me while resting his chin on my head afterwards, and when he did I felt so safe in his warm arms. It was like nothing in the whole wide world could possibly hurt me because he was here to protect and look after me. Wait, why did I come in here
again? I was so lost in my daddy's hug that I had forgotten. Oh... now I remember.

I pulled away from the hug. "Daddy, you promised," I said pouting while folding my arms.

He lifted one of his dark brown, almost black eyebrows. "What did I promise you again, my sweet?" He asked.

Instead of answering him I turned my head away from him so he wouldn't see the disappointment that was prevalent in my face. How could he have possibly forgotten something as important as teaching me how to ride my bike?

After a few sniffles, he tenderly cupped my tiny chin in his hand and turned my face towards him again. My face revealed to him large tears rolling down my rosy cheeks.

"Oh, my heart can't take seeing you upset any longer," he said while wiping away the tears that ran down my face. "I was only kidding, sweetie." He reassured me. "Come on, let's go teach you how to ride that bike." He gave me a warm smile and then kissed my hair.

"Yay, you're coming!" I exclaimed clapping my hands together, while smiling cheekily.

"Baby, I'll always be there for you."

Always....

*

**

I groggily blinked my eyes a couple times before my vision started to clear up. My head was pounding, more than it did before.