Chapter 13

As I stepped out of the car my mom and I exchanged 'goodbyes' and 'I love yous' then I started to walk to the school.

When I was walking I couldn't help but to wonder what Adam will think of me.

Will he think i'm cute? Will he think i'm ugly? Ugh, the suspense was killing me!

As I was walking into the fourhundred building I started to freak out even more when I remembered I had to go up the stairs.

I was about to turn a corner, but then I saw him. I quickly jumped back behind the corner to hide, then I peeked my head to the side a bit so I could just stare at him.

He was leaning his back on the wall with his hands in his jeans' pockets. He wore a different sweater than the other day, it wasn't as heavy but it had the same dazzling shade of white. As always he had his hoodie on.

Why was he just standing there? Was he...waiting for someone? If so, then who?

All of a sudden he lifted up his head and looked in my direction, straight into my eyes. I hastily pulled my head back. My heart started to race.

Eeeeeeek! He saw me! Oh my gosh, he's so hott.

"Dawn? Dawn, is that you?" He asked softly while taking a few steps toward me. I loved it whenever he said my name.

Then I bravely pushed through my awkwardness and said, "Y..Yes, it's me." While sheepishly, stepping forward.

A big smile crosses his face when he saw me, and then he took long strides in my direction. "Hey Dawn, you look so beautiful, as always," he said cheerfully. "How are you?"

Did he just say I looked beautiful? As always???

We were like two feet away from each other at this point. His sweet scent filled my nostrils, he smelled like warm vanilla. It gave me a sense of peace and calmness.

He was so tall that I had to tilt my head back a bit to look into those deep eyes of his. "Th...thank you," I said, blushing. "I'm doing fine. How about yourself?" I asked shyly and then we started to walk to the stairs. My heart was pounding so fast that I had to breath a little harder.

"I'm good, by the will of God, thank you for asking." He said, while still holding on to the same smile that got me up this morning.

As we were walking, our hands were so close that I was tempted to just snatch his and entangle it into mine, but I feared that he'd reject me. So I didn't dare to do it.

"Why did you seem surprised when I called you beautiful?" He asked genuinely.

"Hm, oh, I...I don't know. I just...don't feel pretty all the time. Only on rare occasion I feel cute, like today and it's because of the make up and outfit im wearing. Without it i'd honestly look like trash." I said while lowering my chin.

I can't believe I just told him that.

He stopped in his tracks when I said that, causing me to do the same. "Dawn, I think you're cute," he said then lifted my chin up. I looked up at him and saw pity in his eyes. "Why do you put yourself down like that so easily?" He asked softly and I felt ashamed of myself. "I don't see how someone as gorgeous as you can't see the same beauty i'm seeing." I was surprised by his kind words.

"Adam... I..." I was at a loss of words. No boy except my father has ever told me that before. I...I didn't know what to say.

"What you don't know, is that you're God's masterpiece," he continued. "You don't need any make up or fancy clothes to make yourself look good, because you already do. Listen, God made you special. In fact every birthmark you have, were placed on you purposely, because He wanted all of us to be unique. None of us look exactly the same, not even identical twins. I mean like, have you seen Zach and Cody?" He said and I smiled. "And I didn't tell you this before but you know when we went to the cafè to study, do homework and stuff..."