Chapter 42

I laid on my bed, facing the ceiling while I replayed all the events that happened earlier tonight. Thomas' touch, his scent, the way he moved me—it was all just too much and really made me wonder.

I was annoyed with myself because I couldn't stop dreamily thinking about him or his face! My brain wouldn't stop imagining that cute smile of his or how handsome he looked or his eyes or his... or his pink lips—

“Oh my gosh,” I sighed to myself, “I needa stop this.”

I was right, I did. He's cute, I'll give him that but that's it. My heart still held onto the hope of Adam one day liking me—scratch that, loving me! Maybe he just needs more time to get to know me?

He was the sweetest boy I've ever met, well, next to my father, of course, but I still longed for him. He was nice to me and all, but that was it! He never once flirted with me or even tried. Last week, I was the one that's been guilty of flirting, but I don't even think he ever caught on. He just took them as mini jokes! Man, and I thought I was slow!

But seriously, it did make me feel quite frustrated.

Although, now that I look back on it, I actually found myself quite relieved that he was ignorant of all my flirtation, because I really made myself look like a complete idiot. Perhaps he knew I was flirting, but felt so bad for me that he just had to throw me a bone for my sake and force a chuckle. That thought killed me. God, I'm such a fool.

I scratched my head and pouted as I turned over to my side and faced my alarm clock and phone. Before I go to sleep I always check my Wattpad for messages because, see, I write poetry on there. I didn't have many reads, about five hundred or so at most, but I guess I shouldn't really care. I loved writing and expressing myself through them and that's all that mattered!

Even though I'm trying not to care too much, I still was a bit disappointed to see no comments, votes or anything on my latest chapter. I worked so hard on it and... just wanted to see other people's approval and their thoughts about it—but whatever, it's fine.

I closed the app then placed my focus on the next best thing—a text. I dragged my finger from the top of my phone to the bottom to see who messaged me, and I was somewhat excited to see Adam's name attached to the message. Who am I kidding? I was elated!

Adam: Hey! (Sent at 8:03p.m.)

Adam: What's up? (Sent at 8:07p.m.)

I gasped and was heartbroken to see that he sent these almost an hour ago. It was now eight fifty-seven! Guilt enveloped my emotions as I stared down at my phone in horror.

Oh my freaking gosh, I can't believe I did that to the love of my life! I'M GOING TO DIE!

Crap was the only word that raced through my mind as I typed a reply like my life depended on it. My thumbs literally felt like they had a mind of their own as my heart pounded onto my ribcage, forcing energy to race through my veins.

Me: Heyyy​<333 (Sent at 8:58p.m.)

Me: I'm so so sorry for replaying late! My phone was on silent, so I didn't no you messaged me! And I don't always have my phone with me, so I think that's why too and it was charging. It was 33%. (Sent at 8:58p.m.)

Me: *Replying. (Sent at 8:58p.m.)

It took a good minute or so before he finally answered. I didn't allow my eyes to look away from my phone before he did.

Adam: Wow, that's a healthy paragraph, lol. But it's cool. We all have lives don't we? (Sent at 9:01p.m.)

Me: Yeah, I guess, lol. Thanks for understanding. (Sent at 9:01p.m.)