Chapter 40

A/N: The chapter may be on the longer side but it has a lot in store😉

—————

I turned around to face my mom and smiled happily at her. “Mom, Thomas is here,” I said, “see you later tonight. Bye!”

“Alright, baby, see you,” she said, walking up to us then averted her dark brown eyes to Thomas. “Go easy with her, and bring her home by seven thirty; a minute later, than I'll have the ‘po po’ follow your little behind, got it?”

He breathed​ out a chuckle. “C'mon, you don't have to worry about a thing, Mrs. Smith. I got everything under control,” he said then goofily saluted her, making her laugh. “I'll even have her home by... seven twenty-nine. That's how awesome I am.” Pfft, yeah right.

“Mhm, whatever,” she said folding her arms then bobbed her head to the right, gesturing for us to get going. “Go on, have fun, you two.”

At that, I came outside and Thomas closed the door behind me. I looked at him and giggled, but tried to hide myself by turning my head slightly to the side and covering my lips with the tips of my fingers.

“Oi, what's so funny?” he asked smirking.

“Oh, nothing, it's just that I never thought I'd​ ever see you so sharply dressed.”

“What do you mean?” he joked, “aren't I always this sharply dressed?”

“Hmh, boy, I don't know about that. Don't try to flatter yourself,” I said, causing him to laugh. It made me happy that​ he did because I just love making people, in general, laugh. It lifts up my spirits.

“I've noticed you don't have your tank anymore,” he said curiously. “What happened to it?”

“Oh, it's just that my mom finally bought me one that could fit in a bag, even as small as this one. I'm so happy because I was so sick of the old one. I hated it with a passion!”

“Well, that's lovely, isn't it? It won't get in the way like it did the last time we danced. I was a bit worried about that to tell you the truth.”

I slightly blushed, remembering the moment we had in the living room. “Ye—Yeah, I was worried too.”

Thomas had his car parked on the curb, in front of my house, so it wasn't a long walk before we made our way to it. He opened the passenger door for me and I was about to step in, but then a distant voice reached my ears.

“Hellooo there!”

My reflexes​ caused me to pull my leg back, and turn toward Thomas' house, where I heard the voice. I just wanted to make sure if the person was talking to me or not.

“What the heck is she doing out here?” I heard him mutter to himself, sounding pretty irritated.

There was a woman standing on his front porch, waving at me. She had her long brown hair in a high ponytail with a couple stands of hair left out. I could already tell by that small detail that her and my mom would make good friends. But anyways, I smiled back and waved at her then decided to take a few steps her way.

Thomas lightly grabbed my fingers with his. “No, don't,” he said, “ignore her. Let's... Let's just go already.”

“Hang on, I just wanna say hi first.”

“But you already—”

I cut him off by pulling my hand away from his and looked​ at him with scrutiny. I then turned my foot and timidly walked up towards the woman, so I could properly greet her. Although, when I did, I noticed that as she looked at me she seemed a little taken aback; like she was a bit shocked by me. I could already guess that's it's because of my oxygen tube.