Chapter 51

Ferrah

I looked into Brendon's chocolate eyes, really asking myself wether or not I should kiss him. Only in my head of course.

I soon realized that I didn't have the guts to kiss him, so I quickly scooted away from him. I tried to make it seem like I wasn't upset or that nothing was bothering me.

Really, nothing big was bothering me now. I felt great. I had talked to Mikey, so I felt emotionally healthier. My health was pretty good even after my episode.

But even though a lot was going well for me, and I knew that this whole Brendon thing wasn't a big deal, it sure felt like one.

"Are you okay Ferrah?" He spoke, seemingly just as dissapointed as I was that I hadn't kissed him.

"Yeah, just a little tired." I sighed, laying down on my bed after walking over to it. "I think Wolf can take care of me while I nap." I looked at him, still feeling bad.

"Right, okay." He seemed to take my involuntary hint. "Call me if you need anything. Even if it's just to go to the store and buy you some candy or anything." He smiled.

He was such a good person.

"Thanks Brendon." I forced a smile and watched him walk out, patting Wolf on the head on his way.

I sighed once he left and I was alone again.

How could I possibly feel this way about him but not be able to put my damn lips on his. How hard is that? It really isn't. I'm just too,... Shy.

I know he feels the same. So I don't know what's holding me back. But that was quite the missed opportunity.

______________________________________

The next day I woke up, got ready, and headed out the door with Wolf.

Today I have to be a ninja and dodge Patrick all day because I'm supposed to be on bed rest still.

I can't lay in a bed any longer so I'm going to all my classes, my plan is to just ditch P.E. because there's nothing there for me.

I walked into Dallon's history class, looking around and seeing his eyes on a girl named Autumn in our class. She's fairly new, but she's already got Dallon in her arms and she doesn't even know it. It's so cute.

It makes me think of Brendon. I can't get out of my head how much I regret not kissing him last night. Today, I almost felt obligated to kiss him. If there was an opportunity today, I would take it.

Which meant I'd probably be dodging Brendon all day so that there weren't any opportunities.

It was about half an hour into Dallon's class and nothing had happened. Things were normal again. Wolf was lying by my feet and I was taking notes about World War 2. It was nice.

After that class was over I went to my next period, then the period after. Went about my day normally, not worrying about anybody else. Now it would be time for P.E. I have decided to skip it.

I went to the gym and hid behind the bleachers with Wolf. The class was on the fields today, so they wouldn't even know I was here.

Things were quiet and it was nice for a while until Brendon appeared behind the bleachers.

"Ferrah?" He asked.

I looked over at him, still petting Wolf.

"Yeah?"

"What are you doing back here?" He asked, sitting by me.

"Well I can't really do P.E. so I thought I'd just chill." I shrugged.

"But you're supposed to be in bed. Patrick's orders."

"Yeah but I'm tired of laying in bed." I sighed.

"I know, but your heart-..."

"Please don't tell me something I've already heard a million times before."

"Ferrah you've heard it a million times because it's true." He replied.

"You don't get it. I feel like I've spent my whole life in bed."

"No, I get it. But there's a reason for it."

"Whatever. I really thought I could count on you if nobody else but I guess not." I shrugged.

"Ferrah,..." He said, causing me to look up at him.

No more words were spoken after this. Brendon's lips smashed onto mine and caused butterflies in my stomach. I happily kissed him back, although I wasn't very happy with him.