Chapter 30

Cassie

I wake up with Mikey's arms still wrapped around me protectively. I squirm a little, trying to get up without disturbing him, but I fail. He stirs, then pulls me closer.

"Mm, where do you think you're going?" he says in a tone that, if I didn't know any better, I would be almost entirely sure it was a seductive one.

After all, he couldn't have meant what he said last night in that way, could he?

"Um, I usually just get up when I wake up..."

"Hm, but where's the fun in that? You can't go to school today, not until Patrick deems you fully recovered. Tomorrow we'll get you all set up with classes and such. But today, let's just relax."

He definitely meant what he said last night in that way.

"Grr, but I'm hungry!" I whine. My stomach lets out a low, audible growl, practically in agreement.

"I'll say! You stay here, I'll order up some breakfast in bed for two." he says, getting up and winking as he pulls out his phone, pressing it to his ear.

"Yeah, hey, Andy, it's me, Mikey. Listen, can I get breakfast for 2 up here?"

There's a pause.

"Okay, thanks Andy, you're the best!"

Andy Hurley must be a food connoisseur.

Mikey crawls back under the covers, setting his phone on the nightstand, and begins to cuddle me.

"So how're ya feeling?" he asks, resting the back of his hand on my forehead. "Your fever's down, perhaps even gone. That's a good sign!"

I rest my head on his shoulder. He's so awesome, he cares so much about me.

My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door.

"That's either Andy or Patrick." Mikey says, getting up and heading to the door

Right. Patrick was gonna come and check on me this morning. Hopefully he's happy enough that he doesn't have to stick me with needles.

"Hi, Andy!" Mikey says, opening the door.

Thank God.

Don't get me wrong, I love Patrick Stump, but he's a little over-the-top with his doctoring. I do remember his wife Rachel saying something about it in an interview.

Mikey leads Andy upstairs, and Andy sets on my lap a large tray of steaming chocolate pancakes, more bacon than a person would ever need in their lifetime, and loads of eggs, fruit, and sausage.

"Do I have to eat it all?" I ask Mikey, almost panicking.

"Eat as much as you possibly can. You need to gain weight." Mikey says.

Andy heads out the door, leaving Mikey and I to argue like an old married couple.

"My poor figure though! It's bad enough I don't exercise enough! I don't need to be fatter than I already am!"