Chapter 6

Ferrah

"C 'mere Wolf!" I yell, cracking my door open so that he was able to get in then rushing and sitting back onto my bed. I hear claws, scratching and shuffling up the stairs, slowly and gradually getting louder as I hear them on the wood floor outside of my bedroom door, eager to come in.

"Its okay Wolf, I have my clothes on this time." I giggle, acting as if he could understand me.

Wolf was my dog, a white husky with a hazel eye and the other one a tinted blue. Not only was he my dog, but he was my best friend and my protector. I never had a best friend until I had found him on the side of the street one day with no collar and skinny as a twig. Of course, I took him in and he followed me home. I scraped up some money to buy him food and supplies, but that meant I had to get a job to consistently pay for him.

Now, since I don't have a mom, nor dad, I am on my own. Besides Wolf of course. The last time I saw them they said they were going to go grab some takeout, and the next morning I see on the news that they.....died. and the detectives were too lazy to even find out how, they just .... gave up basically. The police force and team just quote "It was just another death." but I guess that's in the past now, I've slowly gotten over it with the help of Wolf by my side. I go to Emo school, a school that I LOVE and breathe basically... Its cool because they make time for my job, and they let me bring Wolf along too. He is pretty popular if I say so myself. Right now I'm in the process of composing my own song, homework from Mr. Urie's class, And If I do say so myself, is my favorite class of all. One, it's music. Two, BRENDON URIE. If you were to ask me if I were crushing on a guy at school id say my band teacher. But really, he makes the class a lot more fun and interesting and unlike my old school the kids are actually respectful.

I jot down some draft lyrics and I hear Wolf's collar jingling as he walks into my carpeted bedroom. I pat my bed, motioning him to hop up. He does as I ask without hesitance and I stroke his soft head.

"Whaddya think Wolf?" I ask, looking into his gorgeous eyes.