Chapter 21

Cassie

Mikey continues carrying boxes as the night goes on, and Josh continues to bring in furniture, later joined by my math teacher, who just so happens to be Tyler Joseph.

Eventually, Josh and Tyler have managed to assemble my furniture in the rooms I want them in. My black dresser/vanity is in my bedroom, along with the bed, which has yet to be made. The desk is in my living room, along with my various musical instruments. Also, the TV and the TV stand are in the living room in front of the couch.

Mikey has now gotten everything into my dorm, and he begins organizing my stuff. He would probably at least have an idea, since he was the one that helped me pack and move, so it only makes sense.

Within an hour, the boxes are empty and the place looks more like home. Mikey's even put up all my drawings and posters.

"I'm gonna go show that drawing to Gerard, then I'll bring you dinner. I would have you down there, but I'm not sure that's the greatest thing for you right now. And I might just bring an extra dinner guest, too." Mikey says once he's finished, heading out.

"Some kind of dinner party this'll be." Pete chuckles.

So far, in this room are Pete Wentz, Patrick Stump, Tyler Joseph, Josh Dun, and I, plus there will for sure be Mikey, and potentially Gerard, plus who knows who else'll show?

So there's 6 for sure. 7 if Gerard comes. Maybe more.

Patrick refills my glass of water for the eleventh time.

"It's important to keep drinking water, even though we've got you on IV fluids." he insists.

Shortly after, Mikey returns, followed by Gerard, Gerard carrying the sketch.

"So you're a pretty amazing artist!" Gerard says, grinning. "But you don't look like you're feeling too well."

"I'm not." I admit.

"Well, that's a shame! Wait, whoa..." he trails off, his attention drawn to the sketch wall. "You did all these?"

"Yeah."

"Incredible. I'm definitely putting you in the elite class."

"So, Cassie, any ideas on how you plan to get to know your peers here?" Mikey asks.

I think hard for a moment. How do I plan to get to know these people? And then it hits me. Yes, this will be perfect. A smirk grows on my face.

"Yes. Yes, I know exactly how I intend to get to know my peers."

"You wanna practice on us? I mean, maybe you should get to know us, too."

I laugh. Oh, this should be great fun.

"I have to go get it, though."

"Where is it?"

"Hidden."

"Tell me where it is, Cassie. There's no way you're moving off this couch."

I roll my eyes. "It's in my sock drawer, it should be a small, black locked chest."

Mikey gets up, heads upstairs into my room, and has no trouble finding the chest. He looks at the others questioningly. He's getting suspicious, but he brings it downstairs nonetheless.

"I know what you're thinking, it's not drugs." I say.

"Well, that's a relief." Mikey replies, handing me the chest. I pull out my phone and take off the case, revealing the key that opens the box. I unlock the box and pull out a large, black cardboard box. I open it and sigh happily.

"Alright, Cassie, what is this?" Pete asks.

"I'll give you a hint: it's a party game for horrible people."

"Oh, God." Josh mutters.

"Do you know what this is?" Pete asks Josh.

Josh smirks and winks at me. "Yes I do, but I'm not telling."

"What is this, Cassie?" Mikey asks exhaustedly.

"Apples to Apples for grown-ups." I laugh.

I notice Tyler gets it, too.

There's a knock on the door. Mikey opens it.

"Oh, hey Andy, you brought dinner, fantastic! Come in!"

Andy Hurley comes in, pushing a cart that has platters of food on it.

"Ooh, you guys are playing Cards Against Humanity? Count me in!" he says.

A chorus of groans is emitted. Andy grins as he passes out the plates of food to everyone.

"I don't get it, what is this?" Mikey asks.

"Me neither, Mikey, but it doesn't sound good." Pete adds as Andy hands me a plate of salmon and broccoli with a lemon on the side, presumably to squeeze over the salmon.

"That should be good for you." Patrick says.

I make a shaky attempt to pick up my fork, but Mikey stops me.

"You don't have the strength to do that. Let me help you." Mikey says. He squeezes the lemon over the salmon, then picks up the fork and takes a piece of it, bringing it up to my mouth. I bite it off. "Good girl." he praises. "Now let's do it again." he says, having me take another bite. "Is it good?"

"Very."

"Good. I'm glad you like it."

Patrick cuts off a slab of his steak and puts it on my plate. I notice it has quite a bit of fat on it, too, almost a disgusting amount.

"Eat the fat." Patrick orders. "That'll help, too."

"But-"

"Doctor's orders!" he replies in a singsong voice.

"Whatever." I exhale as Mikey cuts the strip into bite-sized pieces and begins feeding them to me. "Holy smokes, I say through a mouthful of food, "this is amazing!"

Patrick smiles. "I'm glad you like it, Cassie."

I begin passing out white cards, five to everyone, and then I turn up a black card.

May the games begin.