Chapter 49

Autumn

"Oh my gosh." Was all I could say when I walked into the, well it's called a dorm, but it was more like an apartment if I'm being honest.

"Do you like it?" Mikey smiled.

"Oh my gosh this is so amazing." I said walking in and dropping my stuff."

"I'm glad you like it! I'm going to go check on one of the other students, but if you need anything Dallon is right down the hall and he is the dorm adviser of this area so he's your guy." Mikey said smiling.

"Okay, thank you so much for everything Mikey."

"No problem." He said and left, leaving my door open.

I guess it was time to unpack then, since this place was my new home.

I turned on Violent Things by The Brobecks and got to unpacking.

This place was so incredible. The only thing that could make it better would be not having the eternal feeling of guilt weighing over me.

I keep telling myself I deserve this, even thinking about how this is what mom would want for me. But it didn't help. I felt awful being here.

Yet I still continued to sing along to Small Cuts and unpack my things.

It was too late to go home and I should just enjoy myself here.

Once I finished unpacking, which really didn't take long I heard a knock at my open door.

I turned around to see a very tall man with bright blue eyes and perfectly chiseled features.

It was Dallon Weekes.

"Hello." He said smiling as I scrambled to turn my music off. (Or should I say his music.)

"H-hi." I replied.

"Patrick wanted me to bring by these meds for you. He said to remind you to only take one at night until you know how they make you feel."

He held the bag that my prescription was in out to me and I took it gently, setting it on the counter.

"Thank you." I said shyly.

Often times I feel small around other people, but Dallon took this to a new level.

"No problem. How has your first day gone?"

"Oh it's great, just getting settled."
He smiled brightly and took a step farther into the room.

"That's good. Make yourself at home." Next, he looked over at my phone and gestured to it.

"You're a fan?" He asked.

He was talking about the music I had been playing from it.

"Oh yes. I'm in love." I smiled thinking about the way his music made me feel.

"That's something new." He spoke as if he were thinking hard about something.

"Pardon?"

"Nobody has ever said that about my music before."

"I'm sorry, said what?" I was genuinely confused at this point.

"That they're in love with it."

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't think much of it. But yes, I am in love with it. I get chills down my spine every time Le Velo Pour Deux comes on. It's unfathomable." I said.

"I really appreciate that. Most of my fans say that they're in love with me. But I can tell you're different." He smiled softly.

I nodded. "It was very nice meeting you Mr.Weekes." I spoke shaking his hand.

"Same to you Miss Dost. I shall see you in class tomorrow." With that, he left and went across the hall to his dorm. I must say though, if this dorm is for students, I can't envisage what the dorms for teachers look like.

______________

I woke up the next morning from possibly the best slumber I've ever had. Thank you diazepam. (My anxiety medication.) Not only did I sleep well, but I found out that the meds do make me drowsy and that I should continue taking them at night rather than in the morning.

The real question has yet to be answered though, and that is if the meds will actually work.

I got up and dressed right away, excited to meet all of the people I'd get to today. Especially, the ones from My Chemical Romance.

I curled my hair again and got dressed in a red, tightly-fitted shrit, but an appropriate one. My black combat boots and some black high waisted skinny jeans.

I look gorgeous today and I know it, and it isn't very often that I say this about myself. But I feel pretty.

I smiled in the mirror and grabbed my backpack, ready to go to my first period with Patrick. Math.

I opened the door just as Dallon opened his across the hall. His eyes widened a little when he saw me, but then his facial expression went back to a smile, just a flustered one.

I locked my door and smiled back at him. "Good morning Mr.Weekes." I said walking to the elevator with him.

"Morning Autumn, please call me Dallon." He continued pressing the first floor button in the elevator.

It was just him and I in the minute long ride down to the main floor, but it wasn't awkward thanks to the collection of small talking we did.

Although, he did seem a little perturbed or thrown off. I don't know why he wasn't as composed as he was when I met him last night

I said goodbye to him as we split ways, him to go teach his history lesson, and me to math.

What an exciting day this was going to be.