Chapter 39

Autumn

When we got out of the car, Pete walked up to my house with me. I opened the door and walked right in.

I'm not sure where my dad is right now, but I've trained myself over the past few months to go and check on my brother Carson immediately when I get home.

"I want you to meet my brother." I said to Pete who I swear nodded and followed me up the stairs.

I raced up the stairs and went straight to Carson's room.

When I opened the door his in home nurse was changing his IV bag. She smiled softly at me and continued doing her thing.

I walked in and sat by Carson on his bed.

I hated to see him like this. All sorts of tubes hooked up to him coming from all over, frequent rounds of chemotherapy, (although we all know that it isn't working). There's just no way to put him out of his misery.

His voice was so weak and he was only eight years old. He already lost his ability to eat and soon he wont be able to talk either. I sighed and asked him about how his day went.

After a while of talking with Carson, I realized that I seemed to have lost Pete on the run up here.

This was only brought to my attention when I heard a shout from downstairs.

"Who the heck are you and what are you doing in my house?!"

It was my dad.

"Uh oh," I spoke kissing Carson's head and getting up, quickly sprinting downstairs.

"Dad it's okay! He's with me!" I spoke looking at Pete who was clearly a bit stumped. (Get it because he's in a band with Patrick.... yeah...)

"Who is he?!" My dad asked.

He had just come home from work and was already stressed out enough. I could already tell how this conversation would go.

"Well, he's Pete Wentz. He wants to talk to you about something, so I'm going to go to my room and let y'all talk. Call me down when you're done please." I smiled softly and kissed my dad's cheek.

I didn't get my hopes up about how this conversation was going to end because I knew that I most likely wasn't going to go to the Emo School. Yet somehow, the twelve years (five minutes), that I spent waiting for an answer in my room seemed like the longest ones of my life. My heart was pounding and I wanted this so bad.

I mean come on, everything is so much better there! All of my favorite people, kids that I'll get along with, all of it. Free.

Maybe there is a chance I'll get to go there, only if Pete can convince my dad.

I spent those five minutes playing guitar, singing, drawing, dancing, laying on my bed and staring at the ceiling, trying not to cry, thinking about what would happen if I did get to go to this school, and just about everything else in between.

When Pete finally came into my room, I was hanging off my bed upside down trying to sing "Victorious" by Panic! At The Disco backwards. As you can see, the wait was killing me.

I jumped up immediately after I heard my door open and I heard Pete chuckle softly, but right after that his face went blank again.

"Pete what did he say?" I asked quickly, dying to know.

"Well,.." Pete said acting too mysterious for my liking.

Just spit it out please! I have to know if I'm going to get to meet Gerard Way in my lifetime!

"After a lot of convincing, your father agreed with me. He thinks that our school is the best place for you right now too. He signed the contract." He smiled widely.

I grinned as well and jumped into his arms after squealing.

"Oh my gosh thank you so much Pete!" I grinned.

I don't think I've ever been so excited in my entire life.

"Of course." He smiled.

"What do I do now?"

I wasn't really sure what happens now. I was just so excited to get to this school.

"Now you pack." He said.

"Well that should be easy."

Most of our money has been spent on medical bills. All I have are the necessities, as in clothes for the most part. I'm lucky I have my guitar. Although, in the past year my guitar has become my best friend.

I named it Frank, after Frank Iero. He is the main reason I love guitar so much, so I wanted to honor him with it.

I packed my clothes in a backpack and grabbed my Frank, which was already in his case, and I was ready to go.(get me outta this house, get me outta this house).

"Okay. I'm ready." I said to Pete.

Saying goodbye to my dad and Carson wasn't easy, but I can see them all the time so I'll be okay. It's going to be worth it too.

We finished at my house and we were on our way to go where all of my idols are. Wow.

--------
A/N
Well hello everyone! I am the new author Brie! I just wanted to introduce myself, honestly I should've done this sooner but I love the story, and I hope I'm doing it justice!

~XOXO Brie