Chapter Forty Two: Couple

Keith quickly changed into a black t-shirt with an alien head on it. He pulled on black jeans (from Lance's closet), and grabbed his jacket and red beanie. In contrast to his normal soft, quiet steps, he was bouncing around like a toddler who had three slices of cake. He put the beanie on and walked to the door.

He opened it and walked down the stairs, sliding his arms into the jacket sleeves. Keith jumped down, skipping the last three steps. He saw Lance standing by the front door, wearing his usual hoodie and jeans. "Going with a different look today?" Keith gestured to Lance's hair, which was still curly, and the glasses resting on his face.

He shrugged. "It's a weekend." Lance smiled. "You ready?"

Keith nodded and leaned on the wall to pull on his boots. "Yep."

Lance leaned into the kitchen to say something to his mom while Keith finished putting on his shoes. He turned back around, "Alright, let's get going." He opened the front door.

"Okay," Keith smiled and walked out. The two walked down the front steps, and Keith was sort of okay, until Lance wrapped his hand around Keith's shoulders. "What- What are you doing?"

"We're dating now, aren't we? I think it's okay to show a little bit of affection," he smiled. That god awful smile. It was so blinding. Too bright for Keith's eyes. It was going to kill him one day. So much sweetness. God damn Lance being ridiculously attractive.

Two can play that game. Keith smirked, "I suppose that's true." He wrapped his arm around Lance's waist. "Like that?"

Other than the sudden red in Lance's ears and cheeks, he seemed unaffected. "Yeah," he smiled. The two turned onto a street that was slightly more full.

Two teenage girls passed them. One was blonde, wearing a flowery pink dress, and the other had dark hair, and jet black clothes to match. "Ohmygosh!" The blonde one whisper-yelled loudly. "Aggie, did you see how cute they were?"

"You mean in general or as a couple?"

"Both!"

Lance and Keith turned to each other before they burst out laughing, their arms separating. "I suppose Pidge was right," Keith laughed.

"About what?"

"She told me I should just admit my feelings a long time ago." He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. "But, you know... trust issues."

Lance smiled, awakening Keith's gay thoughts. "She told me to confess months ago. But you got kicked out so..."

"I was taken out, actually."

He turned toward Keith. "Really?"

"Yeah. Homeschooling!" He winked and did finger guns. Keith mumbled, "And uh... they were planning on expelling me if I missed another class."

Lance snickered. "I knew it... you troublemaker." He wrapped his arm over Keith's shoulder again. "I wonder how Pidge is going to react..."