seventy one // crash down

Harry

Seeing as Alicia has to stay in the hospital over night, I refuse both Liam and Zayn's efforts to take me back to the house. They try to convince me to go back to get some rest, promising me they'll drive me back to the hospital as early as possible, but I don't listen to them.

After they try to convince me for about an hour, they eventually realise I'm not going to give in, even deciding that they're going to stay here with me too. Alicia laughs when I tell her this, shaking her head at me in disbelief.

"You guys are stupid," she says when I'm sat at her bedside again. "Just go back to the house and sleep! I'm still going to be here in the morning."

"No way, I'm not leaving you," I tell her firmly. "I told you, I'm not letting you out of my sight ever again. If that means sleeping on some hard ass hospital chair, then so be it."

She looks like she wants to continue arguing about the matter, but she doesn't, probably not having enough energy. She just smiles softly at me, her hand slowly reaching out to cup the side of my jaw. I take this as an invitation to move in closer, my lips only inches away from hers  when she suddenly stops me.

"You don't want to kiss me, I'm sick," she reminds me.

I roll my eyes. "I don't give a shit. Come here."

Her smile widens as I lean in and connect our lips, kissing her just as hard and passionately as I have many times before.

However, our moment is interrupted when Liam suddenly appears at the door, clearing his throat to get our attention. Alicia and I slowly pull apart, both of us looking over at him, myself shooting him a glare.

"Uh, sorry for interrupting," he says, looking at me. "The nurse said visiting hours are over, but she's going to sneak us into one of the waiting rooms to sleep in."

"Alright, I'll be there in a minute," I say and he nods before walking away again, leaving me to turn back to Alicia.

"You guys are crazy," she says with a small sigh.

"You don't need to worry about that," I tell her and she just rolls her eyes. "You need to worry about getting better and getting some rest, which you need to do now."

"Sir, yes, sir," she mutters and I chuckle at her, causing her to smile up at me. "I love you."

"I love you too, princess," I tell her softly, squeezing her hand. "I'll see you in the morning, ok?"

She nods, snuggling down under the covers as she tries to get comfy. I slowly pull my hand from hers and stand up. I place another kiss on her forehead before I quietly walk out of the room, slowly closing the door behind me with a small click.

——————

After a pretty uncomfortable and restless nights sleep, morning finally rolls around. I groggily pull myself up from the chair I've been slumped in for the past 8 or so hours, already able to tell that I'm going to have bad backache later.

However, I decide I don't care about that right now, heading out of the waiting room to go and search for Alicia. I check her room first, although I find that she's not there. I search around a few of the hospital corridors, eventually finding her stood at the receptionist's desk. A smile pulls at my lips as I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her waist from behind, placing a kiss on her cheek.

"What are you doing, baby?" I ask her softly and I watch as her lips arch into a small smile.

"I'm being discharged from the hospital," she tells me, turning around slightly in my grasp to face me.