fifty nine // reunite

2 days later

Alicia

The reason why I've been sleeping so much ever since I got here is merely so I can escape my nightmare reality and just dream. And in my dreams, Harry is finally back with me, and he isn't mad at me at all. In fact, it's quite the opposite. He wraps me up in his strong arms and holds me close, telling me that he never believed me, that he always knew I was lying, that he knew I wouldn't ever do that to him. That he loves me just as much as I love him.

In my dreams, Harry kisses me gently at first, soft pecks on my lips which feel like an angel's touch, but then they get more passionate, so hot that it turns the ice that had encompassed my veins back into warm, rich blood. His lips trail down my neck and his hands move over my body, every touch making me warmer, so warm that I have to shove the covers off me.

In my dream, our reunion is joyful and loving, and we're kissing each other like it's our first time and also our last. As the dream goes on, the kisses become deeper, full of so much passion and love that it becomes hard to breathe. His hands find their way into my hair, stroking it in the way that always manages to soothe me and calm me down. I can feel the familiar weight of his body as it lays over mine, every curve of our bodies fitting together perfectly like two puzzle pieces, like we were always meant to be.

In my dream, I was overwhelmed with relief that Harry hadn't believed me out on that driveway when I told him I didn't love him. He said he'd known all along that Owen was making me say it, that he blackmailed me into going off with him and leaving Harry behind. He said he believed me because he loved me, the real me who he'd spent months falling in love with, not the bitch who cut him with her sharp words and tore his heart out from his chest.

Except if that was true, then why hadn't Harry come for me sooner? It was something I never wanted to think about because it always hurt so much, but I had always wondered why Harry didn't chase after the car, or at least jump on the next flight out. No matter what I said to him and how much I hurt him, if he truly loved me, wouldn't he have seen right through my act? And even if he did believe me, surely he still cared about me enough to come and save me? So why didn't he?

Because you broke his heart. And he doesn't love you anymore.

Maybe I'm not liking this dream as much as I thought.

I wake up with a gasp, my eyes suddenly snapping open, although as soon as I slip back into consciousness, I discover that something is happening, something that definitely isn't a dream. And that is the feeling of another body pressed on top of mine, their hot breath drumming against my skin and their hands clutching hold of me.

My whole body freezes for a moment, wondering what the hell to do. I know who it is, of course, because who else could it be? The same person who'd spent the last week trying my doorknob in the middle of the night, in the hopes I had left my door unlocked so he could crawl into my bed and we could reminisce about old times. Obviously, I would never allow that, which is why I've been locking my door every single night.

I can't believe this. I know Dan is a creep and he's been trying to get in my pants ever since we arrived here, clearly thinking I'm lonely or desperate, but I never thought he'd stoop this low. I didn't think he'd actually sneak into my room and do what sleazy guys like him do to girls when they're asleep.

Not knowing what else to do but knowing I've got to do something, I manage to quickly lift my leg up from under the covers, guessing where the area I'm aiming for is before suddenly jamming my knee upwards. I know I hit the right spot when I hear a low grunt and the body falls onto the other side of the bed, doubling over in pain.