forty one // lost & found

Harry

"Harryyyy...." a soft voice murmurs from above me.

I keep my eyes closed, pretending to still be asleep, hearing a quiet giggle which I have to stop myself from smiling at. The bed creaks slightly under her weight when she leans forward, her plump lips suddenly pressing against the edge of my jaw, beginning to pepper kisses along it.

"Come on, Harry. Wakey, wakey,"  she coos, letting out another laugh as she continues to press kisses along my jaw, her small and soft hands gently sliding over my shoulders and then down my arms, her touch making my skin feel like it's on fire.

I suddenly snap my eyes open, making her squeal when I grab hold of her wrists, keeping my hands wrapped around them. I look down to find she's sat on top of me, straddling me with her knees on either side of my waist. The white sheets are positioned around her body up to her waist, leaving her long hair cascading down her shoulders and covering her front, while her back remains bare. Her eyes are bright as she peers down at me, her long, black eyelashes casting a small shadow onto the smooth, dewy skin covering her face. Her pink lips look soft to the touch, arched into a small smile, so inviting that all I want is to feel them pressed against mine forever.

"Mmm, you look pretty good up there," I tell her in my raspy morning voice, dropping one of her wrists to tuck a few strands of hair behind her ear, making her smile widen.

I watch as she inhales sharply when I let my fingers trail down her cheek, knowing that she feels the same chills that I do whenever we touch each other like this, feeling every inch of each other's skin underneath our fingertips. I trace the small scar she has on her left shoulder without even having to look for it, already knowing it's there, just how she knows the location of each scar littered on my skin, remembering any imperfection on each other's bodies as if it's our own.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?" I tell her, my voice no more than a whisper, not wanting to disrupt the morning serenity settled over us.

She rolls her eyes, although I notice a slight blush appear on her cheeks, that rosy colour that makes her look even more perfect, adding some life to her skin. She smiles, her lips lifting into an arch that I've memorised almost exactly, probably able to trace the shape with my finger.

"Stop," she mumbles, bowing her head slightly so some of her hair tumbles down to cover her face. The light streaming in though the curtains illuminates the slight golden streaks in her hair, creating the illusion of a halo flowing around her head.

"I'm just being honest. Would you prefer it if I said you look like a troll?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. She laughs again, the sound of it filling up the entire room, while still managing to sound utterly soft and perfect. Her bright eyes crinkle slightly and her smile widens more than before, and in that moment, I think it's probably the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed in my life.

I slowly lift my head upwards, my lips moving closer to hers, ready to connect with them just like they were made to do. However, just as my lips brush against her own soft pair, the harsh sound of a door being kicked open destroys the peacefulness of the morning. In an instant, pairs of unknown, dirty hands of all shapes and sizes are clawing at her body, easily lifting her off me, yanking her off the bed.

Terrified screams replace the sweet lull of her laughter from only moments before, the sound so loud I think it could be heard for miles, so painful that it shatters my heart into a million pieces. I immediately pull myself up, ready to jump off the bed and save her, pull her back into the safety of my arms where she belongs, although I soon crash back down to earth when I realise I can't move.