fifty two // heart hit

Alicia

Harry eventually manages to calm me down enough so I stop crying, although he still keeps his arms wrapped around me, stroking my hair and whispering soothing words into my ear. This is something the two men in the front of the car clearly aren't fans of, judging by the looks the guy who chased after me keeps giving us.

"Can you two stop the PDA?" he asks, turning around to roll his eyes at us. "It's gross."

"Can you shut the fuck up, Mike?" Harry suddenly snaps, the first words he's spoken to anyone but me while being in the car.

I furrow my eyebrows, suddenly pulling away from Harry and peering between the both of them. "Wait, you two know each other?"

"Yeah. We have the same boss," Mike says with a smirk.

"Wait, you work for Owen?" I ask, my eyes widening in surprise. I turn back to Harry, looking at him accusingly. "We're being kidnapped by Owen?"

"Not necessarily kidnapped," Mike interrupts and I glance back at him. "More like.....collected. Owen didn't want you getting hurt."

"So that's why she has a gash on her forehead and a graze on her cheek then?" Harry snaps at him angrily as he points at my two injuries, still seeming very pissed off that I got hurt.

"Hey, I wasn't the one who told her to run off," Mike replies, holding his hands up in mock surrender before turning back around in his seat.

I glance up at Harry, raising my eyebrows at him. "Why did you tell me to run off?" I ask him, lowering my voice to a whisper so only he can hear. "If you knew these guys worked for Owen, why did you make me run?"

"Because I don't trust Owen right now," he whispers back, his eyes flashing down to meet mine. "Not when it comes to you."

I immediately feel my stomach drop, the fear setting back in. "Why? What's he going to do to me?"

"Nothing," he assures me softly, reaching out to gently caress my cheek in an attempt to comfort me. "I'll make sure of that."

I know he's trying his best to reassure me, and usually something as simple as his touch would comfort me and make me feel better, but for some reason, that isn't the case now. There's a sickening feeling at the pit of my stomach and there's a niggling sense of foreboding buried into the back of my mind that I can't seem to shake.

I stay sat in silence for the majority of the car journey, my leg nervously bouncing up and down as I stare out of the window, looking at everything whizzing by. I bite at my fingernails anxiously until they're almost all bitten down to the nub, but even then I continue, until Harry notices what I'm doing and practically takes my hands hostage in his so I can't do it anymore.

Harry, Mike, and Jay, who is the man driving the car, talk to each other every so often, but I don't pay attention to their conversation, completely zoning out. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Harry watching me carefully, like he's trying to figure out what I'm thinking about, but that's going to be quite the challenge because I don't even know what to think.

All I know is that I'm confused and as always, my mind is full of questions, and I can only hope that when I finally meet Owen, I'll get the answers to some of them.

I'm snapped out of my reverie much sooner than I thought I would be when the car suddenly comes to a stop. I glance out the windows to just see a big house before us, set back behind a large driveway. I look over at Harry, hoping for some sort of clarification, but before I know it, the door next to me is thrown open and Mike is grabbing hold of my arm, hauling me out of the car and I can't help but let out a yelp of pain at his harsh grip.