Part 1) Chapter Fifteen

Start from the beginning

            “Why did you decide to tell Silena?” Percy asked me, standing in front of me as I seated myself on Percy’s dark blue Amia chair that was placed by his desk.

            I shrugged. “She wanted to know, so I told her. I mean, I trust her a lot too. And, I feel like I owe it to her after all she’s done for me.”

            Percy sighed heavily and sat on the edge of his bed. I spun the chair that I sat on so that he faced Percy. “You always think you need to ‘owe it’ to us, don’t you?”

            I frowned in mere confusion. “Well, yeah. That’s how life works.”

            “No, it doesn’t,” Percy objected. “Some people don’t want anything in return.”

            “Did you not want me to tell her?” I decided to ask.

            “I thought you didn’t want to tell anyone.”

            “I don’t, I hate thinking about it, let alone talking about it with someone else.”

            “Then why did you tell Silena?”

            I sighed. “I…I don’t know, I guess. Maybe it was because I thought it was unfair if I told you and not her. You guys…are the only people I actually consider my friends. The others are just kind of there. I don’t pay much attention to them. It was why I felt so awkward when both of you left to talk to each other about my…past.”

            It was silent for a while, before Percy collapsed on his back on the bed. “I don’t even know why I’m asking this anyway. It’s your past, so I shouldn’t be telling when or when not to tell someone.”

            I shook my head and rested my feet on the edge of his bed. “It’s fine. Thanks for being…concerned I guess.”

            Percy held himself up with his elbows and smiled at me. “You don’t have to thank me either, you know.”

            I rolled my eyes. “Whatever. Don’t take my kindness.”

            Percy chuckled and sat up. “Don’t be like that, Neeks.”

            “Neeks?” I raised both my eyebrows at him.

            “Yeah,” Percy’s smile only grew wider, “I needed a nickname for my best friend, you know.”

            “But…Neeks?” I stared at him incredulously. “Seriously?”

            Percy only laughed. “Yep. It seems perfect.”

            I sighed. “You know, I hate nicknames.”

            “That’s what makes giving you a nickname even better.”

            I rolled my eyes. “Then, since you give all your best friends a nickname, then what was Grover’s?”

            “I called him G-man.” Percy shrugged. “It fit him so well.”

            “Wow,” I sarcastically commented, “you are the master at nicknames.”

            “I know right!” Percy triumphed.

            “Whatever, what should I call you then if you’re going to give me a nickname?”

            “Hm,” Percy thought for a minute, until he replied, “most of my friends call me Perce.”