Part 1) Chapter Three

Start from the beginning

“Annabeth!” Silena whined. “Stop making him so uncomfortable!” She swung an arm around Annabeth, making herself comfortable between Percy and Annabeth.

Annabeth shook her head, shaking her curly blonde hair tied back in a tight ponytail. “Sorry. I was just thinking about something, that’s all.”

“You’re always thinking about something, you braniac,” Reyna remarked. Annabeth rolled her eyes in response.

“What’s your last name, Nico?” Silena decided to ask, ignoring Reyna and Annabeth.

“Di Angelo,” I flatly replied.

Silena gasped once more, her eyes sparkling with excitement. “You’re Italian?! Oh my god! That’s so amazing! I wish I was Italian. That’s so cool! Can you fluently speak the language?”

I sighed. I never liked speaking Italian because it reminded me so much of…their deaths. A lot of things remind me of their deaths. Sorry if I over-mention it. I may sound annoying, but it’s true.

“Not important. ” I waved the question away.

“But—”

“Yes, Silena.” Percy smirked at the blonde-haired girl. “Feel my pain. Feel his wrath, just like me. Feel how unfair Nico is.”

Silena playfully smacked Percy in the chest. “Shut up, Percy,” She whined.

“Nico’s such a mysterious person, huh?” Piper cocked her head to the side with a smile, setting her hands on her hips. “It’ll be so much finding out more about you, Nico?”

I arched an eyebrow. “What?”

Silena tilted her head to the side, jumping up all the way to the side of the bed. “We’re friends now, right?”

I stared at her as if she grew a second head. “Friends?”

Silena looked at me with a quizzical expression. “Yeah, of course. Right, guys?” She turned towards all her friends around her, who nodded.

My lips tilted downwards. “I don’t think you’d want to be friends with someone like me.”

“Well, why not?” Piper asked.

“He told that to me last time,” Percy huffed, looking slightly annoyed. “He’s going to say—”

“Not important,” I finished for him with a laugh. It was such a full-hearted laugh, it was weird for me to just hear it. After five full years, they were the ones that could bring out my laugh and my smile again. I felt like how I was before back when I was only ten years-old—a smiling idiot. Yet, I felt like myself again, and I wished it could’ve lasted forever like that. But, I knew it wouldn’t. I suddenly stopped laughing, and apparently I looked really depressed and sadness was probably clouding my face when I stopped.

“What’s wrong, Nico?” Percy asked, most likely concerned.

I shook my head. “It’s…it’s nothing.”

Silena looked worriedly at me. “Are you sure? Look, no matter what you say to me, I’m still going to hang out with you until you finally give in and become friends with me.” Silena smiled. “You seem like such a nice guy, it’s weird how I never notice you.”

“I never try to make myself noticeable,” I said before I could stop myself. I slapped a hand to my mouth, realized right afterwards that I’ve said too much. “Just forget what I just said.”

“How come you never…” Silena started before she stopped herself. “Never mind, I see you don’t want to talk about it.”

“Sorry,” I quietly murmured my apology.