Part 1) Chapter Three

Start from the beginning

Silena Beauregard was also very beautiful. She had light blonde hair that was slightly wavy, and it went down to half of her back. She had stunning, crystal blue eyes, and she had perfectly tanned skin. She was also very slim, but not unhealthily slim. She always wore a headband in her hair, and today she was wearing a white headband with a big, sky blue rose stuck onto it.

Reyna was also pretty, in my opinion, though some people has different opinions. She had glossy black hair that was in a single braid, draping over her right shoulder. She had piercing black eyes, and because of her attitude, I was surprised she wasn’t friends with Luke Castellan and the others. She usually wore purple and/or black clothing.

Annabeth started, “Are you—”

“Nico?!” Percy exclaimed, looking very bewildered and shocked.

His other friends stared at him with puzzled expressions.

“His name’s Nico?” Jason inquired.

“You know this kid?” Reyna snorted.

“Yeah.” Percy stepped forward until he was right next to my bed. “No wonder you knew my name without me telling you. Why didn’t you tell me you went to the same school as me?”

“Wait, wait, wait.” Annabeth came up next to Percy. “How do you know him?”

Percy answered, “He was the one playing the violin in the park yesterday.”

“Really?” Silena gasped. “You play so well! You must’ve been taught really well. Who’s your teacher?”

“My mother,” I murmured. I didn’t want to be reminded of my mother, at least, not here.

“Really?” Silena smiled. “She must be so kind.” I wanted to correct her last sentence, unfortunately. She was kind.

Percy huffed, “How come you answer her questions but not mine? Nico, why didn’t you tell me you went to the same school as me?”

I shook my head. “Not important.”

“Of course.” Percy rolled his eyes. “I was expecting you to answer that.”

I smiled, which was really rare for me. Ever since my mother and Bianca died, I never smiled. I don’t ever remember smiling after their deaths. It was weird, smiling for the first time in five years.

Percy glanced at me. “You know, now that I think of it, I never saw you smile yesterday. Why don’t you ever smile?”

How did he notice that I never smiled yesterday? I put the question in the back of my mind. I shook my head. “Not important.”

“What will you answer?!” Percy cried out, groaning.

“Maybe he just doesn’t like you.” Piper giggled. Now, I wanted to correct that sentence.

“Well, who doesn’t like Percy?” Silena swung an arm around Percy.

“Apparently Nico doesn’t.” Reyna crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. I really needed to proofread their sentences.

“Are you feeling better, Nico?” Piper asked, changing the topic.

“I’m fine, thanks,” I replied, trying to shove the thought of my father beating me up for this into the back of my mind. “I’m just aching, that’s all.”

Piper brightly smiled. “That’s good to hear.”

Annabeth was staring at me with such an intense gaze, and made me feel uncomfortable. Which was one of the reasons why I hated being around people so much. I was always really self-conscience. She was staring at me as if I were a Calculus problem, analyzing every single part, trying to solve the problem and find the final answer. Did I really come out as such a mysterious person?