Part 1) Chapter One

Start from the beginning

There was a separate group of popular kids, but these were a lot meaner, and there were less of them: Luke Castellan, Octavian Castellan, Drew Tanaka, Clarisse la Rue, Ethan Nakamura, Chris Rodriguez, Alabaster Torrington, Pollux Nysus, Castor Nysus, Otrera Amazon, Leroy Dan, and Victoria la Rue. These were the majority of the guys that beat me up. Some of the people in this group were a lot nicer like they were from Jason’s group—like Alabastor, Ethan, and Chris—but most of their friends are in this group.

Most of the people in the nicer group became popular because of their connections. Leo has always been best friends since Jason since elementary school. Kayla and Will were siblings, and so were Malcolm and Annabeth. Will and Michael were also best friends since elementary school, and most of them were dating each other. Annabeth and Percy were (unfortunately) dating; Hazel, Frank and Leo were dating (threesomes); Charles, who prefers to be called by his surname, and Silena were dating; Will and Jake were dating; and Piper and Jason were dating.

            Wow, that was a lot of explaining.

            Anyway, I walked down the hallway towards my locker, trying very carefully to not bump into anyone, or it would just trigger all the pain in my chest, head, and crotch again. God, why wasn’t I immune to pain yet? I was still waiting for that day to come.     

            I hastily opened my locker, using the locker combination 30-10-4, and grabbed the necessary items I needed for my first class: Biology. I hated that class. Well, actually, I hated every class. But, that was pretty irrelevant at the moment.

            I rushed over to the biology class: room twenty-five. It seemed so far from where my locker was, which I absolutely hated. It happened every single fucking morning. How much bad luck was going to happen to me?

            Well, I had Biology, Geometry, Spanish Two, English, Orchestra, and Physical Education (P.E.). Not counting Snack, Lunch, or Tutorial. I had a very long day ahead of me.

 I was just glad the people that bullied me were older, so they were in a different grade, which meant they didn’t have the same classes I had. So, I could go through my classes without having to worry about coming into contact with them. The only problem at school was that I had the chance of seeing them in the hallway on the way to my other classes. Usually when it happened, they would beat me up, and it resulted in a terrible and painful walk to my class, and me being late to my class. The teachers always eyed me suspiciously, like I was staying after the bell to sell drugs or something. I mean, seriously? What kind of character did people think I was?

            I sighed and shouldered my bag. I shut my locker and continued down the road towards room twenty-five, my Biology class.

            After school, finally, I decided to go to the park. In my free time, when I didn’t have to work, I would play my violin at the park. I would never play at home; my father always yelled at me about how loud I was. Were you listening to anything in particular, Father? No, I didn’t think so, so why did it matter that you heard my violin? God! If I only I could tell all of these retorts to him. But no, I would just get beaten up all over again! My hatred for Father has grown ever since my mother and Bianca died. If only they were still here with me, maybe I wouldn’t have to suffer like this so much.

            The park was nearby my house. My father never cared when I came home and when I left; as long as I didn’t wake him up from his slumber, I was fine. If I was ever in my father’s presence, he would beat me up. You know, I sometimes wonder why I stay at my house when my father is still there. Probably because I didn’t have anywhere else to stay. I mean, I didn’t have any friends to stay with. So, I was just stuck with my father.