17. Two Visits and A Wedding

Start from the beginning

" Why?" Tyrion asked wondering what had made his father hate him so much.

" Why?! You ask that! You who killed your mother to come into the world!" he stood shouting. " You are an ill-made, spiteful little creature. Filled with envy, lust, and low-cunning. Mans laws give you the right to bear my name and wear my colors since I cannot prove that you are not mine and to teach me humility the gods make me watch you waddle around wearing that proud lion that was my father's sigil and his father's before him. Neither gods nor men will compell me to let you turn Casterly Rock into your whore house."

Tyrion got down from his chair and started walking towards the door. He would not listen to his father torture him any longer. His words cut deeper than any knife ever could.

" And one more thing." Tywin said stopping him for a moment. " The next whore I find in your bed, I'll hang."

Tyrion never knew his father to make an idle threat. He would have to be very careful with Shae now or she might end up like his first wife and he couldn't allow that to happen especially not by the hands of his father.

Robb/King's Landing
He had overslept again. He was up late with the kennelmaster discussing what had made Reyne and Lavender ill, some sort of flower in the gardens that they ate. He said they would be back to normal in a couple of days. He also attributed it to his grandfather being in the capital to run things.

Robb wasn't stupid enough to believe that his grandfather would tell him everything so he had enlisted other sources to get him information.

" Tell me of the Stark boy?" Robb asked sitting at his desk signing so trade agreements between the capital and the Dornish.

" My little birds tell me that the Stoic Wolf, as his men have taken to calling him, has reached Harrenhal and that your Uncle Ser Jaime has been released on Catelyn Stark's orders." Lord Varys said.

" Do you know where he is?" he asked hopefully.

" I am afraid I do not, Your Grace." the Spider said.

" Have you told this to my grandfather or mother?" Robb questioned.

" No, I have not. Truthfully, I only told you, Your Grace, because I feel like you are trustworthy. Don't prove me wrong." Varys said standing.

" I won't. Since you are here, do happen to know where the Queen is?" the King asked knowning if anyone knew,  he did.

" She left just moments ago. For the orphanage, I believe with her handmaids and Ser Arys." the Master of Whispers replied.

" Thank you, Lord Varys. Truly. I appreciate it very much." Robb said gratefully.

" It is my pleasure, Your Grace." the eunuch said bowing and leaving the room.

" Barristan, do you feel like a walk in the streets?" he asked smiling at the Lord Commander.

" Of course, Your Grace." the knight said.

They reached Flea Bottom with in half an hour and had some small folk point them in the direction of the orphanage. Robb had been wearing his crown so people had noticed him more than usual. He wanted his people to know that he wasn't snobbish and refused to be around them just because they were of low birth.

He and Barristan crept inside quietly as they neared he could hear Margaery speaking to the children but they stayed hidden in the shadows so they were not seen.

" He was a soilder, ma'am." a small boy said.

" Your Grace!" the septa of the house scolded her charge.