Magic really is real// Umi x Wizard! Shy! Fem! Reader

(Requested by @DarkCreeperKnight)
Slightly AU

(Requested by @DarkCreeperKnight)Slightly AU

___

It was around midnight when that orange-haired girl accidentally caught you using your magic.

Around that time, a magical beast called a 'Chain' had stepped through from the 'Abyss' and wrecked havoc on the streets of Tokyo, causing mass hysteria that spread throughout like a wildfire. Astonishingly, it was not the first time a beast like that had appeared.

They first started appearing 3 years ago, when a crack appeared on the clear blue sky and a massive Chain now named the 'Jabberwock' protruded out from the space; it was the first of many to appear. It obliterated buildings as if they were fragile like glass, dashed across the streets at the speed of light and devoured humans in mere seconds. Wherever that thing went, genocide was sure to follow. Not long after the government decided to quickly dispatch the army to deal with The Jabberwock, a figure cladded in a black cloak appeared and annihilated the beast in a flash; to the bewilderment of others.

And this figure, was you.

As a 'Magus'; a special wizard or sorcerer of sort that had the abilities to manipulate a specific element, your job was being Earth's last line of offence against the Chains. The Maguses were suppose to be courageous, selfless, intelligent and would refuse to give up even if things begin to appear difficult. You had the qualities of a Magus once, but after an accident on a mission with a close friend left that friend on a coma, you became secluded from society and forbid yourself to interact with anyone. A couple of years in isolation made you anxious of people and would constantly speed away when someone approaches you. However though, you still had to keep humanity from harm,

And thus bring us to now.

The girl's curious but scared, cerulean eyes stared at you and the disintegrating corpse of the Chain you had fought and defeated with your Shadow magic. The wind blew off the hood of your cloak, and the girl could perfectly recognise who you were.

Bright (E/C) that shone in the dark and (H/C) that flowed in the cool breeze. To the girl, there could be only one possibility of who it was.

"(Y/N)?" You begun to panic, hearing the girl slowly saying your name. But, wait, how did the girl know your name? In a daze, you quickly threw the hood back on and backed away.

"(Y/N)? I-I'm sorry, b-but my name is Err...Yotsuya" You said in a monotonous voice as an attempt to disguise your real voice. "...I shall go then-" As you were about to take your leave, the girl grasped your hand.

"(Y/N), I know that's you" The girl was persistent and refused to let you go. You cursed at yourself for being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

You gave a long sigh, people like this girl were a great annoyance to you. You pulled back your hood to reveal your identity once more.

The girl gasped. "You really are (Y/N)!" The girl was caught in astonishment and surprise, who would have thought (Y/N); that one, timid and reserved girl in class who would withdraw herself from conversations and group discussions with fellow peers, was a Magus. Nobody would.