Chapter 4: He's just...nice

"Who Run the world, girls! Who run the world, girls!" I sang and danced around in my room.

"Totally girls rule!!" My mom cheered and started dancing. When did she get here? Never mind, I don't care.

"Not even, boys rule!" My father said entering the room, Blake following afterwards. Why is everyone suddenly coming into my room unexpectedly?

"Isn't that right Blake?" He looked at him.

"It doesn't really matter, I was just about to finish making dinner."

"Come on Blake! You're supposed to agree!" My father whined. Blake shrugged his shoulders and walked away.

"Aww honey you're out numbered. 'Tis true, girls do rule!" My mom said in an accent.

"I can never win with you..." he pouted.

"It's okay hun! I still love you.... even though you are a sore loser! Hahaha!!!"

He hung his head low and walked out of the room.  My mother sighed, "He's such a baby."

I laughed. "Go get him mom before he cries a river and floods the house." She giggled and nodded her head.

"Bye honey, don't forget to do your homework." And with that, she left the room. Oh, homework..... I hate.... homework.

I started muttering under my breath. I sighed and grabbed my homework. What did I have again? Oh yeah, math.... grrrrr

I picked up my pencil about to answer an equation. "Dinner's ready!" Blake yelled from downstairs. Yaaaas!!!

I threw my math homework off the bed and dashed downstairs.

"Blakey have I ever told you that I love your food?" My mom said with a mouth full of lasagna.

Blake chuckled, "only about a million times sweetheart."

"Make that a million and one. Blake I loooooove your food!!!"

My father cleared his throat next to me. "What about me? Don't you love my food?"

She looked in his direction. "Sorry hun but I would choose his food or yours I mean taste his lasagna!" She said shoving a spoonful in his mouth.

He pouted while eating. "Damn it, it's good...."

I giggled. I love my family!

"Here you go Riley" Blake said putting a plate of delicious lasagna in front of me. Mmm....

"Sweetie, better keep an eye on your food. It might be gone the next time you look down...." My mother warned staring at my food.

I put it closer to me. "My precious...."
****
The next day.....

"Oh my cheese balls!" I yelled startling Casey.

"Jeez don't scare me like that! What happened?"

"I totally forgot about my homework!"

She giggled. "What's so funny!?" I glared at her.

"Nothing! I'm just thinking about something...."

"Oh like you and Mark's date yesterday?" I smirked. Her face turned red.

"N-no!" She stuttered. Back to the point.... I forgot my homework!!!! Oh wait, I don't really care about math.... That's not the point!!! Wahhhh!!!

"Here you can copy down the questions and answer them." Asher said putting his notebook in front of me and looking in a different direction.

Aww that's surprisingly nice.... I narrowed my eyes at him, "what did you do to the Asher that I know and hate?"

He 'tch', "Listen, I'm just trying to be nice."

"That's the point! Why are you suddenly nice?" I asked.

"Because I want to be! Why you don't like it? I be mean, you don't like me, I'm nice, you don't like me. What do you want from me?!"

"For you to be nice!!!" I yelled.

"I am trying to be nice but you are pushing me to the edge!" He yelled back.

"Then don't let me push you over the edge!!!"

"Ugh! Why can't you just accept my piece offering so you don't get in trouble?! I'm trying to help!"

I grabbed it out of his hand, "Thank you! That is very nice of you! I'm sorry for blowing up on you like that!!!" I yelled in his face.

"Me too!!! I'm sorry for yelling!!!!"

"We should probably stop screaming now huh?!!!" I yelled.

He nodded his head, "We should."

I cleared my throat awkwardly. Casey and Mark staring at us. "That was nice to see, don't you think Mark?"

He looked down at her, "definitely"

"Welp, you better start coping the work down, cause class starts  in thirty minutes ." Casey said.

I nodded my head and turned to Asher, "Thank you..." I repeated looking into his dark brown, almost back eyes. (That sounded so cheesy to me lol)

He looked away, "You're welcome..." I could have sworn I saw his cheeks red.

Now, copying the work down so I don't get an F on my homework and my mom and dad won't get mad, correction, my dad, my mom doesn't really care.

Five minutes later....

"Owww my wrist hurts!!!" I whined putting down my pencil.

"Come on you can do it! Just answer the last question!" Casey said encouragingly. I think my wrist is dead... is that even possible?

I can do it! I picked up my pencil and finished the equation. "Casey! My wrist! I think I killed it!"

"You can't kill your wrist." Asher butted in. Haha butt. Okay, okay I'm done.... heheh

"No one asked you Asher!" I glared. He might have been nice enough to lend me his notebook , which I am grateful for but I still do not like him.

He rolled his eyes at me and looked away. I crossed my arms over my chest and let out a huff.

"I can tell they will end up together." Casey whispered in Mark's ear. He grinned and nodded his head.

Okay... I'll just pretend I didn't heard that.... I took a peek at Asher from the side. He's not that bad....

Hey! Don't look at me like that! I most certainly do NOT like him! He's just... nice....