A Chinese Mother With A Terrible Stutter

There once was a Chinese woman named Wei, and her family had decided to move to America ever since Wei was 14 years of age. Though this was hard for Wei because her language transition didn't go over so well. She could speak clearly, but she'd always find herself stuttering on the last word.

Since she was a qualified as a transfer student, she enrolled in a community college just to find the love of her life. His name was Yoa, a Hawaiian boy who thought that Wei was just blushing whenever she stuttered. They got married six years later, both had achieved their bachelor's degrees and were ready to start a family.

They had two twins planned, but since it was hard to tell whether they were boys or girls at the time, they didn't decide on names just yet. They were excited to start the family they had always dreamed of, they just wanted it to happen sooner.

Unfortunately though, Yoa passed away 4 months before the twins births. He hung himself. Wei sat there crying at his funeral with her cursed stutter sobbing, "No-no!" over and over, until he was gone.

Wei decided to name the twins Mei and Kai. Time moved on and the kids learned not to talk about their father, their mother would always say "he would've loved you-you".

Time moved on, now the kids were in High school, and Wei was recently contacted by the school administration. It had come to their attention that Mei, the daughter, was recently showing odd signs of depression. The school had good reason to believe that Mei might be getting bullied, and that evidence could be found at how she was caught cutting herself in the gym. Mei wasn't the talkative type, nor the popular type, compared to her brother. Kai was basically a gym athlete with the brains for Harvard, he had everyone's respect.

The school administration recommended that Mei and Kai should spend more time together, walk to school together, to classes together, and leave the campus together. Just a way to figure out if the bullying is real, whether it's cyber or real life.

Wei told Kai about Mei's possible predicament and was absolutely shocked. He wasn't aware that his sister could be clinging on to some severe depression. So he decided that he would force Mei to wake up an hour early follow him an hour early so she could hang with him during his morning practice at the school gym.

The next morning Wei was about to leave to work, and as Kai was getting ready for school she said, Wake Mei up before you go-go, Don't leave Mei hanging like Yoa-yoa!